A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

BLOG - Older Posts / Newer Posts buttons...

beylerianbeylerian Los Angeles / ParisPosts: 27Members
edited 6:42AM in Feature Requests
It would make a world of difference if RW's built in blog plugin would offer the option to place at the bottom of the blog page older posts and newer posts buttons...

Ya know what I mean....

That way we could choose after so many posts, the blog would go to the next page...

THANKS!!

G

Comments

• MuadibMuadib Posts: 79Members
    edited 6:42AM
    on 1275105554:
    It would make a world of difference if RW's built in blog plugin would offer the option to place at the bottom of the blog page older posts and newer posts buttons...

Ya know what I mean....

That way we could choose after so many posts, the blog would go to the next page...

THANKS!!

G

Did you get any help with this?
    Things fall apart; the center can not hold.
  • mitchellmmitchellm Posts: 2,894Members, Moderators
    G: Sorry for such a late reply. This has been a request made for years now. I'm not quite sure why it hasn't been implemented.

There may be some coding workaround, but I don't know it.

Although perhaps not a great solution for you, the wonderful RapidBlog plugin does offer this kind of link. I like RapidBlog a lot.
  • beylerianbeylerian Los Angeles / ParisPosts: 27Members
    Actually, I finally did get a reply about this from RW. Something about slow uploads due to the way the infrastructure of the software is set up. And that it is not being addressed right now

Personally, I still think it should be implemented...

Because it is not, it forces me to think of using Wordpress more and I do not think that is a good thing for RW.

Best,

G
  • tsarnatsarna Posts: 6Members
    on 1293033522:
    Actually, I finally did get a reply about this from RW. Something about slow uploads due to the way the infrastructure of the software is set up. And that it is not being addressed right now

Personally, I still think it should be implemented...

Is this not even in RW5?! Good grief. The new features list is already kind of thin, from what I see, and if they didn't get around to filling out obvious missing things like this...
  • spytspyt Posts: 9Members
    I agree that this feature is much needed! There is no a day that goes by where I want to switch over to Wordpress just for this feature.

PLEASE RW Team... implement this feature... you would win some many hearts!
  • NikNik Brighton, EnglandPosts: 2,394Realmac Staff
    Hi Guys

It's on our list, but I can't comment beyond that I'm afraid. There's a couple of hurdles we have to overcome first, but it's something we really want to offer at some stage in the future.

Thanks!

Nik
    Nik Fletcher, Product Manager, Realmac Software
    Follow me on Twitter
  • mvbmvb Posts: 143Members
    on 1275105554:

Ya know what I mean....

THANKS!!

G

Hi,
    You may find this one interesting, it's working with tumblr, but gives you all options which are needed.
    [designdisorder.com/stacks/tumblr/index.html]
    I'm using it, quite nice, and for free

michael