A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

RapidWeaver 5 Revealed is out!

Paul BradforthPaul Bradforth Cornwall UKPosts: 3,336Members
edited June 2011 in Announcements
RapidWeaver 5 Revealed is here!
I'm delighted to announce that my new book, RapidWeaver 5 Revealed, is now available from my web site.
It's taken a while, but I wanted to be sure I got it right, and I believe it'll prove to have been worth the wait. This is not just an update to my previous book, it's a whole new book, with many more pages, lavishly illustrated with screenshots, and with step-by-step tutorials that are really easy to follow. And while it's at least twice as long as my last book, RapidWeaver Revealed, it's still only £5; I hope you'll agree that's great value
best wishes

Paul

http://www.paulbradforth.com
My book "RapidWeaver 5 Revealed" is out now

Comments

• stan68stan68 Essex, UKPosts: 329Members
    edited 6:38AM
    got my copy! thanks Paul, will start reading it on the train home tonight
    "They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that job" (Brian Clough)
  • Paul BradforthPaul Bradforth Cornwall UKPosts: 3,336Members
    Good on yer Stan! Thanks ever so :-)
    best wishes

Paul

• niguliniguli Vicopisano (Pisa) -ItalyPosts: 701Members
    got my copy, thanks paul ;)
  • bigcharlesbigcharles Massachusetts, USAPosts: 337Members
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, Paul. Knowing the meticulousness with which your other books were crafted, this will be hard to resist.

Highly recommended.

+1

Charlie
  • WesleyWesley BelgiumPosts: 588Members
    Congratulations, sounds like a big piece of knowledge right there.
    Newest Stacks from WeaverAddons:
    + 3D Carousel Stack
    + Slidorion Stack
    + CSV + XLS Grid Stack

Free Utility : WeaverDetect : Detect theme, plugins & stacks used on any page.
  • NormanTNormanT Middlesex, UKPosts: 1,664Members
    Thanks Paul and it seems this is the sort of manual that the folks at Realmac should have released instead of the pathetic attempts by them saying they would be writing a comprehensive manual blah blah blah and still not doing so. Hope it sells well as I know you have been burning the candle at both ends in order to get this out and of course I have grabbed a copy and I strongly urge everyone else to do likewise.

Regards
    Norman
    Evocator Forum Member with over 1650 posts on the previous forum

Its me, my mac and your money - thats a good combination!!
    Thanks Norman, and all of you, for your kind words and support.
    best wishes

Paul

• Hark!Hark! Phoenix, Arizona, USAPosts: 269Members
    Does it include advice on how to migrate projects from RW4?
    Jeff

"The happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

http://harkangelproductions.com
  • flowermflowerm Posts: 61Members
    Paul,

After a bit of a delay (PayPal was slow earlier today), I managed to grab a copy. I appreciate your steady hand on this project. I look forward to working my way through the full "revealing".

Michael
    on 1308773307:
    Does it include advice on how to migrate projects from RW4?
    Not specifically, no. I'm not aware of any particular technique for doing that, other than to rewrite any CSS in the Page Inspector that refers to items in the old 'Assets'
    best wishes

Paul

• ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,436Members, Moderators
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, Paul. I just bought my copy. If it can shed light on just one small problem or vague detail regarding RW, it is certainly worth the price of a sandwich. I'm looking forward to getting a taste of it soon.

EDIT: I just took a quick cruise through the book and it seems thorough and well written, with a sense of humor for good measure. It shows the RW "manual" for what it is, a Quick Start Guide with the wrong title.
  • Brian MicklethwaiteBrian Micklethwaite Worcestershire, EnglandPosts: 162Members
    Nice one Paul - just shows that apparently one person can do something that a team of developers can't (or won't). Thank you for a great piece of work (as usual).

Cheers

Brian
    AKA TheSpeakingSnail

Computing since 1966 - and it just gets better!
  • ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,436Members, Moderators
    on 1309019722:
    Nice one Paul - just shows that apparently one person can do something that a team of developers can't (or won't). Thank you for a great piece of work (as usual).

Cheers

Brian
    +1, Brian

After cruising through the book, I have picked up several tips. For a beginning user, I think it would be invaluable, and the step by step approach seems far better suited than the way RW has done things.
  • smondellosmondello Los AngelesPosts: 314Members
    Just bought it, thanks!
    on 1309026605:
    Just bought it, thanks!
    Thank YOU!
    best wishes

Paul

• GavinfGavinf Toronto, CanadaPosts: 90Members
    Thanks Paul,
    I just picked up your book and will start reading it tonight.
    Regards,
    Gavin
    on 1309032554:
    Thanks Paul,
    I just picked up your book and will start reading it tonight.
    Regards,
    Gavin

Thanks Gavin!
    best wishes

Paul

• MacManiacMacManiac Bexhill on Sea, East SussexPosts: 195Members
    Hi Paul,

Just purchased your book and if it's half as good as the advice you have given me (and others) on this forum, then it will be worth its weight in gold.

Martin
    Thanks Martin; hope you find it useful.
    best wishes

Paul

• mike1052mike1052 St Mary's in the Marsh, Kent, UK - Raddon, FrancePosts: 149Members
    Hi Paul,

Purchased this last week, printed the day after at work. (nice bonus)
    You really can't go wrong with any books paul publishes on the subject of RW.
    Very well written, and easy to understand, an absolute must for anyone coming into the world of Rapidweaver.
    And if that wasn't enough, at a price, (if you can call it that) of just £5. Bargain!!

Thanks for all the hard work Paul.

All the best

Mike
    OS X 10.9.2
    RW 5.3.2

michaeldiblicek.com
  • BeilBeil Posts: 19Members
    Being a beginner user I am very much looking forward to this. About to hit the go for it button at Paypal now. (And you can thank ammywebbstuff.com for pointing me in the right direction.)
    Neil B.
    --
    New to RW as of Feb 2012
    My toolkit includes:
    RW5
    Stacks2
  • axeleraxeler Posts: 169Members
    Thanks Paul,
    Just got a copy and I'm reading it right now.
    Simply powerful!
    Alex
  • GilleGille Posts: 1,317Members
    Nice one, instant buy!
    Stackscenter - Quality Stacks Central
    http://www.stackscenter.com
  • DonkeyoatayDonkeyoatay Alhaurin el Grande, Malaga, SpainPosts: 75Members
    As I was unable to find the information here on this group relating to Resources/Media in RW 5, I decided to purchase RapidWeaver 5 Revealed. Not only did I find the information I wanted as soon as I downloaded the book, but within a short time of reading various sections, I realized how much more I have to learn.

I wish I had purchased it before, and consider that in the absence of a RW tutorial from the developer for RW5, I would recommend that all RW users purchase a copy especially as the price is so attractive. Furthermore, I consider that the developers of RapidWeaver should pay Paul for writing this informative work.

Michael.
  • photonphoton Posts: 105Members
    In days of old and knights were bold,
    when Rapidweaver had just been invented,
    I suggested a Missing Manual,
    to keep us users contented.

You finally delivered it Paul!
    The content is clear and concise, and the layout makes reading a breeze with its elegant simplicity.

One immediate observation worth making though, is that I noted you offered up a 'Serving Suggestion' commenting the book was designed to look its best when viewed in Apple's Preview application with PDF Display set to Two Pages and Actual Size.
    Im going to up-sell you here and suggest it looks even better, page-by-page, on an iPad.
    I finally get to recycle all that paper I wasted, printing what was considered to be a manual by its makers.

I understand the research, and hours of work you have dedicated to this book and thank you for all your efforts in educating Rapidweaver users for the better.
    All for five Pounds - you are a publisher's nightmare!

Photon
  • kpryce2kpryce2 Posts: 236Members
    Paul,
    Seems like you've got some competition from across the pond!!!

How about pipping it with an advanced book??

Ken
    I don't know Ken; I have a bit of a price advantage on my side, and at the moment, I just don't have the time for anything advanced. I must admit though, that it's worth thinking about...
    best wishes

Paul

A bit? I guess a Casio watch costs a bit less than a Rolex, too. Both keep pretty good time. I'm sure that the other book will have valuable information, but was rather surprised by the price point and how much it will appeal to the average user.
  • MaryDMaryD Posts: 4Members
    Paul, I've just purchased your book and I haven't even purchased RapidWeaver yet!!!!! Haven't quite decided yet if it's what I need as a substitute for iWeb. I'm hoping your book will help me decide.