A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

EHVolver theme (SeyDesign) - browser title space

Karate DucatiKarate Ducati Boston Massachusetts AreaPosts: 74Members
edited 3:11PM in RapidWeaver
Hello,

Can someone help?

When I add keywords to the "Browser Title"in the "Page Inspector" using the EHVoler theme, it displays them on the front of the page and knocks out part of the Red Tab..... My other pages have no keywords in the "browser title" space, just the "test page" does.

I really need to use the browser keywords, as it seems Google utilizes them.

http://oldschoolapparel.net/Testpage/index.html

Thanks.......!

Comments

• cwegreckicwegrecki Posts: 169Members
    edited January 2012
    I believe you may be confusing the browser title with the description tags or really any of the meta tags.

The browser title is just what shows up on the tab the user is in and across the top of the browser.

The browser title is important however it is not the only thing. I would recomend reading this page. it explains all the things you can do to optimize your sites for search engines. Specificly with rapidweaver.
  • Karate DucatiKarate Ducati Boston Massachusetts AreaPosts: 74Members
    edited 3:11PM
    Thank you ......I have read that page before and a lot of others... I keep hearing and reading that Google uses the "browser" title for SEO..... as I have done about 40 website using the title page space.. i don't know if it "won't" work.. as all my website when searched for their service/product come up on the first few listings.....

I guess this theme will be the first to see.....

thanks again for your reply.....!
  • cwegreckicwegrecki Posts: 169Members
    I know there is a ton on SEO out there however I apologize I didnt read the end of your statment correctly - so when you add verbage to the browser title in the general tab it is being added to the red bar on the left? That is somehing I have never seen before theme wise. It must be theme specific. I will download it and play around. It will most likely be something that hast to be changed in the theme files.

Give me a few hours, im not at home now but will see if there is an easy way to fix this.
    Yes.. it happens when you use the (Navigation Type) feature "2tier" in the Page Inspector - Styles

You can't use any of the tabs when you type anything in the browser title space......

Thanks again!.... I appreciate your time.. I don't know code too well......
  • RhondaSquaredRhondaSquared HoustonPosts: 28Members
    Any word on how to correct this? I like the tab but am also unable to use it and SEO my site...
    YES! I fellow member inboxed me that he thought he could write some code that would fix it.. and he did!

For some reason he wants to remain anonymous....

Crazy that the Seydesign guys couldn't or wouldn't do it....

anyhow inbox me and I will send you the code......

take care....