A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

Total CSS control over formatting in styled text field

WebReachWebReach Posts: 6Members
I have learned how to insert HTML tags to control formatting in an individual styled text field. Works great. However, how would you put those tags into the CSS script for a given theme so that it becomes the default formatting for all new styled text pages that are added? What would be the precise selectors which unlocks control of font, size, alignment, etc. I'm currently using the Baukraft theme.

Comments

• Ed BrennerEd Brenner TexasPosts: 3,332Moderators
    edited 12:53PM
    Could be that I'm not following your train of thought...

In order to modify a Theme's base CSS stylesheet, you would have to edit the Theme's content package. If you didn't add the same 'HTML' tags to your Styled Text every time then the CSS additions wouldn't make a difference.

Also, once you start to modify a Theme's content package typically support from the Dev of that Theme goes out the window - in this case that would be RMS.

This is why RW has a Custom CSS panel in the Page Inspector. So that you can add your own CSS styling without damaging the Theme itself.
    myRapidWeaver
    FreeStack Theme
    MacSupportCasts
    { old forum post count = 6128 }
  • WebReachWebReach Posts: 6Members
    I actually prefer to modify a theme's CSS files - it's much more convenient than inserting a bunch of snippets on each page. But, I always do it on a copy of the style so that I can always go back to original theme if needed. Anyway, I just need someone to tell me what the exact selector is for styled text fields. Sometimes that is a real challenge. Thanks anyway.
    There aren't 'exact' 'selectors' for a Styled Text page. Only what you add to that page.
    myRapidWeaver
    FreeStack Theme
    MacSupportCasts
  • Ricky PRicky P Posts: 14Members
    When using the CSS in each page, is it possible that the CSS can be automatically added to each new page?
    @ Ricky P

Only if you create your own 'custom' stylesheet and 'link' it to the Project.
    myRapidWeaver
    FreeStack Theme
    MacSupportCasts
  • shukapawshukapaw AlaskaPosts: 1,910Members
    edited March 2012
    Ricky P,

It might be easiest to offer you a more detailed answer if we knew what sort of HTML tags you are adding. If you are just changing the font-size (as an example) for the entire page, a simple tweak to the duplicated theme's built-in styles.css sheet might do the trick. Exactly what properties are you changing via css?

After reading your post ore carefully, I saw an example of what you are trying to change. You could add this to the end of the Styles.css sheet. However, this will also apply to pages other than Styled text pages:
    #content{
    color:red;
    font-size:16px!important;
    font-weight:bold;
    text-align:left;
    }

Brian