A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

Theme with adjustable header and banner size, etc.?

vidaboa73vidaboa73 Posts: 5Members
edited March 2012 in RapidWeaver (Archived)
Hi all, please bare with me as I'm rather IT illiterate.

I'm trying to build my own site but am at a loss as to which theme to choose.
I have written down in detail the layout of each page for my site so know what I want.

However, I'm finding it difficult to find a theme that enables me to change header and banner height/size in a flexible manner. I realize this can probably be done with coding, but I'm no where near that stage yet.

I wonder if it's better for me to choose a "blank" theme (rather than try to fit what I want into a semi-predetermined layout) and simply purchase the addons that I require as I proceed such as Blocks, Stacks, etc.

I did purchase one theme, but am finding it a bit inflexible at my level in terms of altering header and banner size/location in particular. RW Multitool does not allow me to crop the image for some reason (I presume this is because the banner image is at a set size that can't be altered?)

I wonder if someone could offer me some advice...

Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Paul BradforthPaul Bradforth Cornwall UKPosts: 3,336Members
    Which theme did you buy? If I have it, I may be able to offer some advice. There's a little tutorial on my site telling you how to change the header image for most themes which you might find helpful, even if you don't 'do' code...
    best wishes

Paul

http://www.paulbradforth.com
    My book "RapidWeaver 5 Revealed" is out now
  • vidaboa73vidaboa73 Posts: 5Members
    Thanks Paul. I bought the Revolve 2.0 theme by Brandon Lee.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
  • JezzerPJezzerP York, UKPosts: 64Members
    I would have thought that many of the more recent themes by the big developers, that have banner images, will allow you to change the height of the header. I know several of the themes by Nimblehost do (nimblehost.com/index.php), as do some of the ones by WeaverThemes (weaverthemes.com/).

Most theme developers provide a 'live demo' of all their themes, and by hunting round that, you will normally find a list of the the editable styles....very useful before you buy!!

Jeremy Preston
    Design@79
    Design@79 on Facebook
  • Paul BradforthPaul Bradforth Cornwall UKPosts: 3,336Members
    Thanks Paul. I bought the Revolve 2.0 theme by Brandon Lee.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    I don't have that theme, so I can't be much more help. Did you try the tip on my site?
    best wishes

Paul

http://www.paulbradforth.com
    My book "RapidWeaver 5 Revealed" is out now