A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

[ANN] UPDATE SLIDING PANEL STACKS

Tim (idsign-shop)Tim (idsign-shop) BelgiumPosts: 118Members
edited October 2010 in Stacks Chat
Hi rapid weavers

I have been working hard to make my stacks up-to-date and very cool. This is my second update ( first released update: image slider).

SLIDING PANEL UPDATE
What's new:

- Multiple sliding panels (on all sides from your browser window)
- 3 ways to use your sliding panels: 1/ just drop a few sliding panels on your page and define a z-index to each sliding panel. 2/ choose the always on top function, so when you open a Sliding panel (leave it open) and then open another near SP you will see that it opens above the one you allready opened even when this z-index was higher. 3/ Auto close SP: this feature will close your window (if it is open) when you trigger a second SP to open. These effects can be mixt on your page. For an example go to:
http://www.idsign-shop.com/Tutorials/SPTutorial.html
- Complete new code (simplified but more powerfull)
- Gradient and background from the button (in button version) can be choosen
- No longer 2 stacks necessary to build a sliding panel
- SP left has also a scroll along function (other SP doesn't have this feature), it means when you activate this feature the Sliding panels will scroll together with your page (see also on my tutorial page - scroll the page and look to the left Sliding panels)

Go to the tutorial page to see an example: http://www.idsign-shop.com/Tutorials/SPTutorial.html
Go to the tutorial page to see an example from the image slider: http://www.idsign-shop.com/Tutorials/ImageSlider/ImageSliderTutorial.html
Attention!! the Pages on my site are on this moment not up to date (they will be made up to date as soon as possible)

NEXT RELEASE:
Image gallery stack (completely make-over), more information in the near future ;-)

Thanks Tim
www.idsign-shop.com

Comments

• JoostJoost Amersfoort, The NetherlandsPosts: 899Members
    edited 9:25AM
    Thanks for the updates Tim!

Cheers,
    Joost
    Tsooj Media Stacks, Websites and Office Automation

Prototyping a new web design and in need of some quick random text elements or placeholder images? Try the Lorem Ipsum Utility.
    Extend the RapidWeaver publishing features with a custom start or expire date using the Publisher stacks set.
    Looking for a free stacks element that comes with a responsive approach?
  • BlueskyyBlueskyy DownunderPosts: 81Members
    Cheers again Tim....
  • TappoTappo Lago Maggiore - ItalyPosts: 518Members
    Hi Tim,
    I really appreciate the update that has much improved functionality, but when I use "slidind panel left" the button is 15 px away from the edge. I tried with different themes, but the problem persists. Something wrong?
  • Tim (idsign-shop)Tim (idsign-shop) BelgiumPosts: 118Members
    on 1286245451:
    Hi Tim,
    I really appreciate the update that has much improved functionality, but when I use "slidind panel left" the button is 15 px away from the edge. I tried with different themes, but the problem persists. Something wrong?

Hi Tappo

There's nothing wrong, if you modifyd the text inside the button you just have to re-position the button to a place you prefer. For more information you can click on the info button inside the stack

Thanks Tim
    on 1286403673:
    on 1286245451:
    Hi Tim,

Hi Tappo

There's nothing wrong, if you modifyd the text inside the button you just have to re-position the button to a place you prefer. For more information you can click on the info button inside the stack

Thanks Tim
    Sorry Tim, but I didn't understand what you say.
    My problem is: longer is the name of the button, more distant is the button from the edge of contents (see image attachments)
    I don't understand where mistake, I need help...
    stack1 2.jpg
    523 x 389 - 16B
    stack1 3.jpg
    523 x 389 - 33B
    on 1286418307:
    on 1286403673:
    on 1286245451:
    Hi Tim,

Hi Tappo

Thanks Tim
    Sorry Tim, but I didn't understand what you say.
    My problem is: longer is the name of the button, more distant is the button from the edge of contents (see image attachments)
    I don't understand where mistake, I need help...

Hi Tappo

That's normal, like i said you have to fix the position left from the button explained in the manual point 5: position left. So to fix this: type in the Position left: -20 px (for example) - you will see the button will go to the left. That's all

Global tip: if you hover a input fields or checkbox or ... inside a stack and wait a littlebit, then it's possible a tooltip will come up (depend if the developer included it) with some exlanations or examples ;-)

Hope this helps you Tappo

Thanks Tim
    idsign-shop
    Great, finally I understand! I thought the infopanel was finished at bottom and didn't see the field "position left" .... :-D
    Thanks a lot, beautiful stack!
    on 1286451082:
    Great, finally I understand! I thought the infopanel was finished at bottom and didn't see the field "position left" .... :-D
    Thanks a lot, beautiful stack!

Your wellcome Tappo ;-)

Thanks Tim
    idsign-shop.com