A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

Snaps! for Stacks 2 Release

Mike Y.Mike Y. Posts: 116Developers
edited December 2011 in Announcements

Announcing Snaps! for Stacks2 - Organize, Send & Sell

We've been hard at work here in the Yabdab pixel & code factory. Today we bring you not one, not two, but THREE all new Stacks 2 products. In all, we're releasing a total of 16 Stack elements today!

Yabdab Snaps! are top shelf elements for the Stacks 2 plugin. Stacks 2 is a huge release for the RapidWeaver community - it allows us to bring you the power of plugins with the ease of Stacks' drag-and-drop layout tools. It's definitely the best of both worlds. If you like using our plugins, then you will love using these new stack elements.

Enough from the marketing folks.....bring on the goods! Here's what we have for you today...

PaySnap
This suite of seven ecommerce Stack elements allows you to showcase your products with infinite layouts. Build media rich online catalogs and sell via PayPal. PaySnap supports over twenty currencies and can be completely localized.

FormSnap
An incredible drag and drop form designer. These eight Stack elements let you focus on creating fantastic, functional forms. No worries about CSS or code here. Take advantage of Stacks 2's column and grid layouts to create easy multicolumn forms. There's no need to import your forms into Stacks. Simply BUILD the entire form in Stacks.

TabSnap
The easiest way to add tabbed content to your Stacks 2 page. Just decide how many tabs you need and drag in content (or other Stack elements). 24 jQuery UI tab appearance themes included. Tame those long pages by providing lots of content in neatly organized tabs.

Available Now All three products are available today at www.yabdab.com/stacks/snaps/

Screencasts Galore
We also have twenty new screencasts that show you how to utilize our Snaps to the max.
Go to our vimeo page to view them all, http://vimeo.com/yabdab

System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6 +, RapidWeaver 5 and Stacks 2
Mike Yrabedra
Yabdab Inc. ( follow @yabdab on twitter )

Comments

• mitchellmmitchellm Posts: 2,836Members, Moderators
    edited 11:36PM
    Link to snaps does not work.

TabSnap page looks funky: is this really how a tabsnap should look?
  • MFuchsMFuchs Glastonbury, UKPosts: 26Members
    The Snaps link misses the
    http://

and the TabSnap page has a coding error, judging from the
    "]

after the non-functional Tabs. (And there's an error in the description)
  • Mike Y.Mike Y. Posts: 116Developers
    on 1323808506:

"]

Thanks for catching that. Should be correct now.
    Mike Yrabedra
    on 1323808105:
    Link to snaps does not work.

TabSnap page looks funky: is this really how a tabsnap should look?

Of course not, the glitch should be fixed now.
    Mike Yrabedra
  • MFuchsMFuchs Glastonbury, UKPosts: 26Members
    edited December 2011
    on 1323808914:
    Ah, that was quick! :-)
  • stan68stan68 Essex, UKPosts: 329Members
    on 1323808914:
    on 1323808506:

"]

there was no link to the product page in the email, only a link to the support site, which seemed a strange decision
    "They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that job" (Brian Clough)
  • NormanTNormanT Middlesex, UKPosts: 1,664Members
    Mike,

This might be what I am looking for in oder for me to do an e-commerce site for someone. Is there anyway I can download a trial version just to check out a few things and if it does then purchase the full version?

Regards
    Norman
    Evocator Forum Member with over 1650 posts on the previous forum

Its me, my mac and your money - thats a good combination!!
  • Henry BrownHenry Brown Posts: 21Members
    Can we expect to see some Snaps! for CartLoom, too?
  • hansvanbruggehansvanbrugge Posts: 188Members
    Is it possible to use 2 or more tab stacks on 1 page? Would it work together with the Hippo stacks?
  • Ray CutlerRay Cutler Darwen, United KingdomPosts: 468Members
    edited December 2011
    Instant purchase thanks

I have installed the set and restarted RW but when I search for Form I only get the base stack

Any ideas?

Up to date RW and Stacks 2 from today. I have been using the public beta prior to today

EDIT: Bit of user error on my part as I expected to see the stacks when searching for Form...

Thanks Mike.Eric

Ray
    Screen Shot 2011-12-13 at 19.59.34.png
    332 x 662 - 70B
    Rapidweaver 5.3.2
    Mac OSX 10.9.2

Intel Mac Mini i5
    Intel MacBook Pro i5
    iPad Air
    HTC One (M7)
  • J. Scott AndersonJ. Scott Anderson Posts: 252Members
    on 1323813370:

I don't speak for Yabdab, but I sincerely doubt it. Stacks is a requirement for this type of tech. Cartloom is completely different.
    RW 5.X, iMac 22", iPad, iPhone
    FormSnap is just what I've been hoping for ever since I first laid my eyes on Stacks.
  • pl_svnpl_svn Posts: 416Members
    edited December 2011
    FormSnap = instant purchase :-)

but... I know it's me :-p ... I can't find a way to set fields *inside* to a colour, so they don't look as in the attachment on non white pages :-(

also... there seems to be a glitch in the "Choose File..." button
    RapidWeaver.jpg
    500 x 470 - 27B
  • mig2000mig2000 Posts: 118Members
    So far I have purchased Formloom 1.0 , 2.0 and the stack 1.0 - Now it looks like I need to buy the stacks 2.0 again. As I do not see any upgrade for people like me, I do not see the benefit of using the formloom 2.0 without stack plugin that simply has a new marketing name. Am I missing something here? Keep in mind that when I faced an issue few month back, I was told that I need to purchase the formloom 2.0 and here comes another one.
    mig2000, there is quite a bit different and better between Formloom 1 and Formloom 2. And the new FormSnap is a huge difference between either of the Formloom. Of primary importance to me, is the easy freedom to layout my form. If you have Stacks, I assume that you know the difference between laying out a page just using HTML and laying out a page using Stacks. Either will get the job done, but Stacks is much faster for me. FormSnap will do the same for form layout. Whether or not you need to buy it will depend on the type of project you have to complete and your skill/preferences.
  • mig2000mig2000 Posts: 118Members
    Thanks for the respond. I have been developing web sites for over 10 years and been with RW since 2005. It is all matter of principle. of course stack is better and easier to use but having and advertising almost 2 products doing almost the same thing and when you are having an issue, they force you to get the second product . This is just a personal experience that I faced.
  • TappoTappo Lago Maggiore - ItalyPosts: 518Members
    on 1323845100:
    So far I have purchased Formloom 1.0 , 2.0 and the stack 1.0 - Now it looks like I need to buy the stacks 2.0 again. As I do not see any upgrade for people like me, I do not see the benefit of using the formloom 2.0 without stack plugin that simply has a new marketing name. Am I missing something here? Keep in mind that when I faced an issue few month back, I was told that I need to purchase the formloom 2.0 and here comes another one.
    +1 - I agree.
    I would have preferred an update of old stacks and a better compatibility between formloom2 and pluskit for import it in a stacks page.
  • shukapawshukapaw AlaskaPosts: 1,904Members
    edited December 2011
    on 1323834243:
    but... I know it's me :-p ... I can't find a way to set fields *inside* to a colour, so they don't look as in the attachment on non white pages :-(

Try something like this:
    #email{
    width: 250px!important;
    height: 30px!important;
    font-size: 16px!important;
    border: 1px solid #9582E5!important;
    background: red!important;
    }

You have to use the names for these fields assigned when building the page like #email, #name, #subject, #message, etc

Hope this helps,

Brian
    Come on over to my Stacks Store, El Stacko.... or else!

Get some of the coolest, most eye-catching stacks available.
    Add the "wow-factor" your site deserves!
  • JohnJJohnJ cyberSpacePosts: 540Members
    edited December 2011
    I would like to see trials of these. I want to see if this is really a better option for me than your other products. I would also like to know the limitations of the options Stacks for PaySnap. I don't want to have to add code by hand for styling.

They seem like great products. Very nice job Mike.
    progress.gif Still working on it...
    edited December 2011
    on 1323867383:
    Try something like this:
    #email{
    width: 250px!important;
    height: 30px!important;
    font-size: 16px!important;
    border: 1px solid #9582E5!important;
    background: red!important;
    }

You have to use the names for these fields assigned when building the page like #email, #name, #subject, #message, etc

Hope this helps

thank you, Brian: brilliant as always so, obviously... it works :-)
    unfortunately it does not fix the "Choose File..." button glitch :-/ otherwise I would use your method that allows far better customization (... thinking of my site's semi-transparent backgrounds ;-)

the official answer I got from Yabdab support is to disable "Apply Uniform" (in FormSnap Base): this turns all fields insides to plain white and all buttons to OS default :-/

hope they come to a better solution as... don't remember now which feature *requires* Uniform to be enabled :-/
    so, in the while... I'll try playing with both your css and "disable Uniform" ;-)

thak you once more Brian
  • dhiddingdhidding Suwanee, GAPosts: 1,163Members, Moderators
    on 1323886381:
    the official answer I got from Yabdab support is to disable "Apply Uniform" (in FormSnap Base): this turns all fields insides to plain white and all buttons to OS default :-/

Thank you for posting the official Yabdab answer. I understand (sort of) why the developers want to keep issues out of the forums. But, rather then reinventing the wheel when I have issues, I always search here first. Worked great back when we were encouraged to post technical questions here instead of to developer's help desks.

Dave
    on 1323891468:
    I understand (sort of) why the developers want to keep issues out of the forums.

honestly, I *don't*!

or... please: rename "Announcements" to... *Advertising*! ;-p
    on 1323811200:
    Mike,

This might be what I am looking for in oder for me to do an e-commerce site for someone. Is there anyway I can download a trial version just to check out a few things and if it does then purchase the full version?

Regards
    Norman

Sorry, but there is no demo version of our stacks.
    Mike Yrabedra
    on 1323813370:

Yup, we are working on something special.
    Mike Yrabedra
    on 1323816953:
    Is it possible to use 2 or more tab stacks on 1 page? Would it work together with the Hippo stacks?

Yes, you should be able to use TabSnap multiple times on a single page.
    Mike Yrabedra
  • hamishmacdonaldhamishmacdonald Wick, ScotlandPosts: 41Members
    edited December 2011
    I love the possibility of these stacks (and bought FormSnap and PaySnap), but I'm having trouble implementing FormSnap.

Some of the fields are required to make up the base form, but I can't see what I'm supposed to name these text fields. For instance, no matter what name I give to my intended Subject field ("Subject", "Subject Item", "Subject_Item"), when I preview the page I see the error message "A Subject Item is Required for Form to Function Properly"*.

Do you (any YabDab folk on these boards) have suggestions or instructions for how to implement these forms properly? I haven't watched the Vimeo videos yet, but they seem to be feature demonstrations rather than instructions.

Thanks in advance for your help — and for creating these great stacks, which open up a range of freedom a lot of us have been craving!

*This error message contains the same kind of weird capitalisation as all the form fields' default text. Capitals are only needed at the beginning of a sentence and on names, not to Add Emphasis. I'm not trying to be picky, but it's incorrect and means that everyone who creates forms and doesn't change them is going to be showing their readers or customers strangely formatted text.
    - Hamish
    www.hamishmacdonald.com
  • WebsiteGuy.comWebsiteGuy.com Posts: 14Members
    Has anyone found a way to set a donation button where people can choose how much they can put into an item on paysnaps?

Corey
  • NormanTNormanT Middlesex, UKPosts: 1,664Members
    on 1323896397:
    on 1323811200:
    Mike,

Regards
    Norman

Sorry, but there is no demo version of our stacks.

Mike,

That is a shame - as I would really like to try this out before committing to buy the PaySnap stack. Having tried other e-commerce plug-ins (and I won't mention names to protect the innocent) they have not really worked for me. I am in the process of re-designing a florist web site and what I am trying to achieve is to be able to select "Small", "Medium" or "Large" Flower styles and then to be able to select different shipping rates for each of the styles which can be selected and added to the Cart. Other plug-ins have caused real problems in either adding or not adding the correct shipping costs.

How does the FormSnap stack integrate with the the PaySnap stack is it better than the FormLoom2 plug-in?

Regards
    Norman
    PS - If you want to pm me and we can take this offline if you would prefer
    Evocator Forum Member with over 1650 posts on the previous forum

Its me, my mac and your money - thats a good combination!!
  • hansvanbruggehansvanbrugge Posts: 188Members
    on 1323816953:

Bump ...

If it's possible, then I buy this stack.
  • JohnJJohnJ cyberSpacePosts: 540Members
    Hi Sharpie Tech... I believe you can just add a simple paypal button that you get from the paypal site. Be sure you read the rules for using a donate button. I believe they police donate buttons. This would be free for you. They give the instructions on how to use it too.
    on 1323922125:
    Has anyone found a way to set a donation button where people can choose how much they can put into an item on paysnaps?

Corey
    progress.gif Still working on it...