A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

A little help if you would please.

McCarty13McCarty13 Posts: 70Members
edited 5:29AM in RapidWeaver
First of all I feel kind of like a douche coming on here and asking for help every two weeks. I'd come here and post more often, but I'm still learning and usually don't have anything to contribute to someone else. So I feel bad about that but I will pay it forward when I have the answers. :) I really appreciate all the help I've received so far from the community.

Anyway I'm building a movie review site and I'm using stacks with the designer table stack so I can put a small movie poster image with some text and a ratings stack etc. etc. Im using (at the moment) the Kuler solutions KS Mojo theme.

My question is this. I want a search engine that searches only the site, in other words, search horror and all the horror films come up etc. Each movie will have all of its information in one stack. A design table stack. But there will be multiple films per site page. One page will be films A-C, another page will be D-F and so on. How can I tag words in that stack so they will get recognized in the site search and bring up just those stacks (is that even possible). If not is there something else similar I can do, so you can search the site for genres or actors or keywords?

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• cwegreckicwegrecki Posts: 169Members
    edited 5:29AM
    While I dont know that this is exactly what you want? I will recomened RapidSearch Pro. I use it on my site and it looks through your entire site and does not use google or any other engine. and it looks really nice, However I know that you may be looking for something slightly different.

http://www.rapidsearchpro.com/
  • McCarty13McCarty13 Posts: 70Members
    edited January 2012
    Cool thanks.

It almost seems too easy. So i don't have to Tag things or put things on their own pages. I will have multiple films on every page . Does it work kind of like and FAQ without you having to set it up as one? What I mean is, does it give you 20 hits or so where the link navigates you to that exact spot on the page instead of the top of the page where its buried somewhere below.

Edit: Oh and How do I know if my theme is Jquery 1.4.3

MM
  • ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,416Members, Moderators
    Hunter looks very cool Ron, but it looks like I would need to put every stack on my site inside a hunter stack. and then tag them Is that true?

If so is it possible to go backwards and take finished pages and stacks that I've already done and slip them into hunter stacks behind the scenes? without having to copy and paste and delete and redo each one.

Im using design tables and cutting it from 3 to 2 columns and then fulling those columns with image stacks, text stacks, and 5 star ratings stacks. for each film.

MM
    Hmmm What format do you want the results of the search to look like because rapidsearch would not really give you results in the format I think you want. I have 1 other idea but let me play around with it first.

But please give me an idea of the results you would like.
    edited January 2012
    Thanks.

I guess ultimately I'd like a search engine at the top of the home page and lets say you type in horror. It switches to a new page with All the horror titles throughout the whole site. That would be ultimately what I'd like to see. kind of like this screen shot of my site in progress, except the page might have 30 movies in it if you scroll down. Just like Hunter showed but I'd want them pulled from all the pages on the site and assembled like this. That is Ultimately what i'd like. But I realize this may be a fantasy.

So what I'd settle for is a new page with links that clearly show the pertinent information (movie title, maybe the first line of the review maybe movie title and poster image )

I'd still like the search bar to be at the top of every page.

Edit: hmm its not letting me post the screenshot I keep getting an error. its 1.1 megs in size

MM
  • ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,416Members, Moderators
    How many titles, categories and pages are you wanting to be able to accommodate?
    Well at the moment. its 7 pages alphabetical. Page 1 A-D page 2 E-G etc. as far as titles the site will probably launch with 100 or so titles but I would be updating it with a few a week as they are reviewed.

How can I post that screen shot is it too large?

M
    Upload the screenshot to Dropbox and give the link or something like that
    edited January 2012
    Sorry I got pulled away to band practice last night. Hows this?

?action=view&current=whatidlike.png

MM

hmm still not working I put it on photobucket
    Now here is the dropbox link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33705762/what id like.png
  • rolisizerolisize Posts: 277Members
    on 1327564023:
    Thanks.

I guess ultimately I'd like a search engine at the top of the home page and lets say you type in horror. It switches to a new page with All the horror titles throughout the whole site. That would be ultimately what I'd like to see. kind of like this screen shot of my site in progress, except the page might have 30 movies in it if you scroll down. Just like Hunter showed but I'd want them pulled from all the pages on the site and assembled like this. That is Ultimately what i'd like. But I realize this may be a fantasy.

So what I'd settle for is a new page with links that clearly show the pertinent information (movie title, maybe the first line of the review maybe movie title and poster image )

I'd still like the search bar to be at the top of every page.

hi
    take a look at the filter stack

http://www.stacks4stacks.com/filter/
    Wow nice find. He may need to restructure his pages. It that seems like it would do exactly what he needed.
    Thanks guys. Yeah that looks neat, I'm at work right now so I can't look at it too deeply til later, will it pull stuff form other pages or just organize that one page?
    Update:

I wrote Will an email about his filter stack. He seemed to think the rapidsearch was a better option for me. I sent the same questions to Gary at Doo box about hunter so I will see what he says.