A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

iFrame with variable height - is it possible ??

DeFliGraDeFliGra DenmarkPosts: 896Members
edited 7:24PM in RapidWeaver
Quick question - an iFrame with variable height depending on the content loaded in the iFrame - is it possible ??
<cheers> DeFliGra | Stacks for RapidWeaver Stacks Plugin </cheers>
http://www.defligra.com · http://www.vissenbjergtryk.dk · http://www.iloveodense.dk

Comments

• cwegreckicwegrecki Posts: 169Members
    edited 7:24PM
    This would be a great help to me! - did you ever figure out a way?
  • kpry44kpry44 Saskatoon, SKPosts: 76Members
    Also wondering if this is possible? I have heardbrapidiframe might do the trick?.....
    Kevin
  • renadrenad SlovakiaPosts: 576Members
    Yes, there is a solution - javascript ...

I use on this page www.kortina.sk this javascript (javaScript is insered into the Page Inspector / Header / Header).
    It's been about two years, so you should find some newer versions of JavaScript

for example, type in Google: iframe auto resize height
    Your (old) code works just fine!!!! Thank you so much for this awesome bit of code!
    @cwegrecki

What theme are you using this in. When I try the code, it works well in rapidweaver but not when published.

I am using BLT cadence theme. I am wondering if it is a theme issue?
    Kevin
    I am using the Cafe Theme by elixir graphics. I have however tried it on several other themes.

What is the url of the page it doesn't work on?

Lets see if we can find the problem!
    I downloaded your site and when I view it on my Mac it works perfectly however as soon as I uploaded it to a server bam it stops. I would recommend someone who knows how to prevent JS conflicts takes a look sorry there is nothing else I can do.
    Thanks for looking.

What do you mean when you downloaded my site and then uploaded it? Did you not look at it from my domain name?

Sorry, just a bit confused here.
    Kevin
    I did look at it online however I wanted to play around in the code to see if I could see the problem so I downloaded your site to my Mac played with the code and uploaded it to my server to make sure it wasn't a problem with the hosting company. But just as you stated it works fine until uploaded. So I have taken all the steps I know how and hopefully someone more qualified in java can help you out.
  • renadrenad SlovakiaPosts: 576Members
    For OpenCart use javascript from Rapid Insight ... buy ClientCart package with HTML code to style an iframe for embedding the OpenCart store front, and Javascript code to dynamically resize the iframe height.
    I bought clientcart and followed instructions to a tee. Thats where all the code is from. Thats what makes it so confusing.
    Kevin