A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

Welcome to the New Forums!

Comments

• BenBen Brighton, EnglandPosts: 49Realmac Staff
    Copy and Paste is unusable
    This was a bug that affected FireFox onle - it's now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
    Ben Counsell
    Web Developer @ Realmac Software

Follow me on Twitter and flickr.
  • NikNik Brighton, EnglandPosts: 2,096Realmac Staff
    @Oscar If you click "Edit" you can move the thread there.

—N
    Nik Fletcher, Product Manager, Realmac Software
    Follow me on Twitter
  • OscarOscar bei ZürichPosts: 6,431Members, Moderators
    Hello Nik

No, I cannot do that.
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-22 um 17.22.17.png
    668 x 485 - 41K
    Grüsse, Oscar

Dabei seit RW 3.
    Threads bookmarken, sonst gibt es leider keine Mailbenachrichtigung!! Bookmarken
    Bitte Threads zu Ende führen, damit wir hier nicht nur Fragen, sondern auch Lösungen finden.
  • Ed BrennerEd Brenner TexasPosts: 3,332Moderators
    Hurray! I was able to move a post this morning to a more 'proper' forum. For about the past month I've also had the ability to Ban the 'unwanted posts'.

'Flagging' still only goes to the RMS folks. So if you're 'flagging' a post then they are the one's addressing it. However, they are working diligently to see if that can be sent to the Moderator Team.
    myRapidWeaver
    FreeStack Theme
    MacSupportCasts
    { old forum post count = 6128 }
  • OscarOscar bei ZürichPosts: 6,431Members, Moderators
    Yes, since this afternoon, I can edit and move, merge and split ;-)
    Grüsse, Oscar

Dabei seit RW 3.
    Threads bookmarken, sonst gibt es leider keine Mailbenachrichtigung!! Bookmarken
    Bitte Threads zu Ende führen, damit wir hier nicht nur Fragen, sondern auch Lösungen finden.
  • rpagerpage Posts: 8Members
    Where'd I go? I can't log in with my old log/pw. Somehow I got lost in the transition? I tried to request a pw reset with all my various emails but none of them were in the system.

I created a new account to post this but I really want to get my old account back for my subscriptions. Anybody know how I can get help with that? Thx, Rob
  • Ed BrennerEd Brenner TexasPosts: 3,332Moderators
    Hi Rob.
    In the 'change' my user name was actually 'altered', from originally being my first and last all run together to separating them and adding a 'capital' here and there.
    Password stayed the same however.
    myRapidWeaver
    FreeStack Theme
    MacSupportCasts
    { old forum post count = 6128 }
  • ·[RapidBase]··[RapidBase]· Bingen am Rhein, GermanyPosts: 625Members
    edited March 2012
    Why does my profile pic only show up in a size of 24 x 24 pixels, while all others are displayed in 40 x 40 pixels. I've uploaded my profile pic in a size of 250 x 250 pixel, so why...? Absolutely clueless...

Update: solved. It seems that in new posts the picture is displayed in its correct size. Only old posts seem to show the wrong size ...

Best, Matthias
    FichtMedia // Print- & Web-Dienstleistungen
    Schulungen & Workshops für RapidWeaver!
    RapidBase // Das RapidWeaver Info-Portal
  • pbarrerapbarrera Posts: 270Members
    Someone mentioned this before but I didn't see a response. When I try a search, my results are just about the same regardless of what I type in. The first result is a post that I made earlier in the day and doesn't even mentioned what I searched for. Can this be addressed and where exactly can one find the Advanced Search function? Maybe that works better! :)

Thanks. I'm adjusting as you are...

Phillip B.
    Fort Myers, FL
  • cwegreckicwegrecki Posts: 169Members
    How do I mark my question as answered? I found my own answer and posted it for others to see to help those with the same problem. But can't mark as answered.
  • coolie21coolie21 Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 27Members
    Well done guys, love the new look... :)
  • SmileySmiley Posts: 119Members
    After a while, actually prefer the new look
    Learning and enjoying weaving

Follow me on twitter

sweet escape
  • nehusharmanehusharma Posts: 1Members
    this is very nice post :)
    thank you for sharing
  • LazarovDesignLazarovDesign AustraliaPosts: 644Members
    Can you please bring back the iPhone version? It's not working any more :(
  • NikNik Brighton, EnglandPosts: 2,096Realmac Staff
    HI Guys

We weren't happy with the default iPhone theme's appearance so we've removed it for the time being. I can't comment on an ETA however consider the request to bring it back noted.

Cheers

—N
    Nik Fletcher, Product Manager, Realmac Software
    Follow me on Twitter
  • quoyiquoyi Posts: 14Members
    Hi guys,

Is the search function going to be improved? It's useless in it's current form. Results are shown as posts, including posts from the same thread. Languages other than English are also shown. I'm stuck on a few RW problems and there's a good chance the answers are here somewhere but it's not worth the time looking for them anymore. I'm thinking I must be overlooking settings in my user profile but can't see any.

thanks
    Ray
    OS 10.6.8 | RW 5.2.2 | Stacks 2.0.6
  • Paul BradforthPaul Bradforth Cornwall UKPosts: 3,336Members
    I notice that when you go to a section with many posts, the 'page number' you're on at the bottom of the page is not highlighted. So if I go from page 1 to page 2, page 2 is the same colour link as all the other pages. Can this be fixed?
    best wishes

Paul

http://www.paulbradforth.com
    My book "RapidWeaver 5 Revealed" is out now
    A further illustration of what I mean:

ZZ7324EE96.jpg
    best wishes

Paul

• LazarovDesignLazarovDesign AustraliaPosts: 644Members
    This is bizarre.

I can see it differently over here. Go figure.

I still think that they should bring back the iPhone version. As it was - was working. And when they come with something better, they can just replace it.
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 12.34.03 AM.png
    615 x 525 - 92K
  • ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,406Members, Moderators
    Branko-
    Your attachment wouldn't open for me, but I get the same results as Paul using Safari: no page differentiation.
    I too would like to see the iPhone version return. It wasn't perfect, but it was perfectly workable.
  • ColorwaveColorwave A rock in the middle of the Pacific OceanPosts: 1,406Members, Moderators
    Hmmm . . . this post seems to be good bait for spammers, or at least those new to the forums who are commenting on the changes, even thought they don't know what the old forum was like. Perhaps we can make this a honeypot to corral them all into?
  • BioGuyBioGuy Posts: 66Members
    Its nice being able to see all the different categories in the forum on the right of the page. However, it would be much more useful to see the number of unread discussions next to them, rather than the total.
    How is it ever helpful to see the total number?
    edited April 2012
    I'm sure I've seen a button on the new forum somewhere that allows you to read only unanswered posts? The old forum had one, and I could have sworn I'd seen one here too, but now I can't...
    best wishes

Paul

• shukapawshukapaw AlaskaPosts: 1,904Members
    Is it possible to "subscribe" to a thread and be notified when a new comment is added?

Shouldn't somebody who posts to a thread be notified when the thread receives further comments?

I don't seem to be able to accomplish this. Is it just me??

Brian
    Come on over to my Stacks Store, El Stacko.... or else!

Get some of the coolest, most eye-catching stacks available.
    Add the "wow-factor" your site deserves!
    Brian-

I haven't seen it explained anywhere, but it works differently than the old forum and all others that I've visited, but does exist. Near the top of every thread, on the right side, is a gray bookmark icon. Click on it and it will turn magenta, meaning you are subscribed.

One difference in behavior, is that you are sent an email for every response, and they keep coming whether or not you have visited the thread. They also do not have a preview of the text that was posted, just the poster's name.

With a little getting used to, it does work, which is how I noticed that you had posted to this thread.
  • FragrantBodyOilzFragrantBodyOilz Posts: 80Members
    Not sure why but new forum just doesn't do it for me. lol I use to come and read all day and expand my limited knowledge. Seems to have some cool new features but does not feel friendly like it used to. Just an honest opinion :(
  • GeorguiGeorgui Posts: 1Members
    edited April 2012
    Hi, i would love to hear a detailed howto on how you guys managed to impliment this forum and change it's design in such a flawless manner?

Is there a guide how to do it or could you write it? im sure it would benefit alot of people if its not out there yet.
  • NigelNigel Hampshire, UKPosts: 196Members
    Hi

How do I get rid of the the question has been answered nag at the bottom left of the screen?

Nigel
    www.newforestnavigation.co.uk
  • AdolfoAdolfo Posts: 14Members
    Hello, little question:
    Stack Which should I use to block the right mouse button and prevent the downloading of images or text on the pages of my website? I am using the theme HV Blow-up
    thanks
  • ·[RapidBase]··[RapidBase]· Bingen am Rhein, GermanyPosts: 625Members
    Maybe you could try Joe Workmans "Image Safe" ...

best, Matthias
    FichtMedia // Print- & Web-Dienstleistungen
    Schulungen & Workshops für RapidWeaver!
    RapidBase // Das RapidWeaver Info-Portal