If you are like me and you wanted to have the content from your WordPress posts and pages inside RapidWeaver but were put off by a messy integration job with Themes. Then , you will find this new Stack released from SymfoniP
What does it do?
Simply, this new stack element will retrieve the raw HTML code generated inside your WordPress Post or Page (it is all the same to us ) and then have this displayed in your preferred RapidWeaver web site. A powerful connector for WordPress CMS to RapidWeaver without the usual pain involved in ‘hacking ’ a beautiful RapidWeaver Theme to fit.
You have a link to an image or a video file or you even added an iframe link to YouTube or Vimeo this data is all preserved when it is dynamically transferred to your Stacks Page.
All post editing is made in the WordPress post giving you or your clients remote editing functionality , saving you time re-publishing your RapidWeaver project whenever there are changes to be made.
You can also mix and match additional stack elements in your RapidWeaver Stacks page if you so wish to have something that will remain static
Additional Bonus Features
In other words you do not need extra ‘Stacks’ to do this !
- Large Fluid (Responsive images) when adding the ‘large image type’ from the WordPress media library
- Responsive YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv Video iframes
- caching of WordPress post data to ensure your pages are not making any redundant requests
* The RapidWeaver Page with WP Page Extractor http://symfonip.com/sympreview/stacks/wpextract.php
* Our WordPress Test Site that we started with - http://wp.symfonip.com
What it does not do!
- Will not use(inherit) plugins or widgets, WordPress shortcodes in your WordPress page . All effects are managed within your RapidWeaver Stacks page
- Retrieve Blog Posts a separate Stack element will be available soon to address Blogging post elements. Although WP-Blog plugin
already does a great job in that area.
- WordPress 3.3.x (3.4 beta is also supported) Self Hosted wordpress installations only not - WordPress.com blogs)
- PHP 5.x
- Access to the WordPress Dashboard (at a minimum ‘Editor’ level, if it is your WordPress installation then we do not advise using the ‘admin’ username and passwords, we talk about this setup in our User Guide)
- Stacks Plugin from YourHead.com 1.4.x or higher , yes this is also compatible with Stacks 2.
Till Wednesday 18th April midnight UK time, use the following discount code at check out wordpress
and get 3 Euros
off this powerful new Stack element