A place for customers to chat about Realmac and its products - RapidWeaver, Clear and Ember!

change urban theme css to all black. possible?

heatherheather NYCPosts: 35Members
hello,
i've designed a site www.danielgracieusa.com

i'd like the entire background, content and sidebar to be black.

is this possible to change it in the page inspector?

any help would be appreciated.

heather

Comments

• MartenMarten Edinburgh, Scotland, UKPosts: 1,315Members
    edited 1:38PM
    Hi Heather,

If you open the Themes drawer and right or control-click on the Urban theme and select Reveal Theme Contents in Finder, you will see an images folder in which all the theme's images reside. If you look at content_right_bg.png, for instance, you will see that the theme is largely image-based and that to change it would require a lot of work/difficulty. If you really want a black background then you'd probably find it a lot easier if you choose a theme with more colour-picker options in the Styles tab.

Marten
  • heatherheather NYCPosts: 35Members
    on 1251465588:
    Hi Heather,

If you open the Themes drawer and right or control-click on the Urban theme and select Reveal Theme Contents in Finder, you will see an images folder in which all the theme's images reside. If you look at content_right_bg.png, for instance, you will see that the theme is largely image-based and that to change it would require a lot of work/difficulty. If you really want a black background then you'd probably find it a lot easier if you choose a theme with more colour-picker options in the Styles tab.

Marten

Thank you, Marten.

I made some progress, but couldn't figure out the rest of the sidebar and some of the content / body. Here are a few screen shots of the site in preview mode and of the CSS I used to make those changes. All of the CSS I used was from searching through the forums looking and a lot from Shirleywhirly. She is incredibly helpful!!!!

I understand your comment regarding the images and how changing to black will be difficult. I would like to try, since I am so close. I like the layout of the Urban theme. I hope someone out there can shed some light.

Thanks very much.
    Picture 4.png
    862 x 667 - 531B
    Picture 2.png
    347 x 512 - 45B
    Picture 1.png
    896 x 617 - 474B
  • shirleywhirlyshirleywhirly LondonPosts: 1,649Members
    edited August 2009
    Hi Heather

Thanks for the kind words.

As Marten said it is pretty tricky to do this and if you do change the image but it is manageable.

You would need you open the image that Marten stated in his previous post - content_right_bg.png and change the right hand part black or if you want a completely black page you could change the whole image. Work on a copy of the theme (or copy the image) until you get the look you want.

Hope this helps
    on 1251483269:
    Hi Heather

Thanks for the kind words.

As Marten said it is pretty tricky to do this and if you do change the image but it is manageable.

You would need you open the image that Marten stated in his previous post - content_right_bg.png and change the right hand part black or if you want a completely black page you could change the whole image. Work on a copy of the theme (or copy the image) until you get the look you want.

Hope this helps

Hi there,
    Thank you very much (again). I'm going to give it a try. Might be easier than resizing all of my photos.
    All the best,
    Heather
  • shirleywhirlyshirleywhirly LondonPosts: 1,649Members
    No problem

To delete the image in the bottom right you can try the following code
    #sideOverlay {
    display: none
    }

let us know how you get on.
    on 1251483784:
    No problem

#sideOverlay {
    }

fantastic, i'll try it. thanks very much. i really appreciate all of your help!
    on 1251484338:
    on 1251483784:
    No problem

#sideOverlay {
    }

too tough for me. trying the blog theme because i don't have to resize all the photos. made the background black. left the content area white. happy so far. would like to change the hover color of the navigation buttons to red. please help. thanks!
    on 1251495092:
    on 1251484338:
    on 1251483784:
    No problem

#sideOverlay {
    }

too tough for me. trying the blog theme because i don't have to resize all the photos. made the background black. left the content area white. happy so far. would like to change the hover color of the navigation buttons to red. please help. thanks!

okay, i know, i'm updating my own questions. sorry. just one more thing...

i changed the colors of the navigation menu tabs (thanks to all the posts in the forum!) and i'd like to do one more thing...
    change the color of the tab when that page is active. for example, if you're on the home page, i'd like that tab to be dark grey in color.

also, i guess that's another thing, well actually two...

the link color for text, i'd like that to be red and the text color of the names of the photo album - red.

any help will be great.

here's the site http://www.danielgracieusa.com

thank you very much!
    heather
  • shukapawshukapaw AlaskaPosts: 1,906Members
    Heather, you've already added this code to the Page's Page Inspector ] Header ] CSS field:
    #navcontainer a#current{
    color: #000000;
    }

Change that to this:
    #navcontainer a#current{
    background:grey;
    color: red;
    }

When you say you want the text red on the photo album, I'm assuming you mean on a page like "Training". If so, add to this page's CSS:
    .thumbnail-caption{
    color:red;
    }

and possibly:
    .album-title{
    }

Hope this helps,

Brian

on 1251504490:
    Heather, you've already added this code to the Page's Page Inspector ] Header ] CSS field:
    #navcontainer a#current{
    color: #000000;
    }

Change that to this:
    #navcontainer a#current{
    background:grey;
    color: red;
    }

When you say you want the text red on the photo album, I'm assuming you mean on a page like "Training". If so, add to this page's CSS:
    .thumbnail-caption{
    }

and possibly:
    .album-title{
    }

Hope this helps,

Brian

gonna try that now! thank you sooooo much. this forum rocks!!!!!!!!!
  • MartenMarten Edinburgh, Scotland, UKPosts: 1,315Members
    edited August 2009
    All of the CSS I used was from searching through the forums looking and a lot from Shirleywhirly. She is incredibly helpful!!!!

Hi Heather,

You're certainly right about Shirley, she's one of the forum's greatest unsung resources, a real RW gem!

Try these:

#navcontainer #current {
        background: #666;
    }

#navcontainer #current:hover {
        background: #555;
        color: #ffffff;
    }

#navcontainer .currentAncestor {
        background: #444;
    }

a:link, a:visited {
        color: #830B17;
    }

.album-title {
    }

Marten

[EDIT: Beaten to the punch by the forum's other unsung resource!]
    on 1251504735:
    All of the CSS I used was from searching through the forums looking and a lot from Shirleywhirly. She is incredibly helpful!!!!

Hi Heather,

You're certainly right about Shirley, she's one of the forum's greatest unsung resources, a real RW gem!

Try these:

#navcontainer #current {
    }

}

}

}

.album-title {
    }

Marten

Again! Fantastic information. You all are really wonderful. Just so much knowledge. I'm so happy this program, but it's the personal help that make it really priceless!

I've made the changes I asked about and (I think) they look really strong.

Now, that everything is red, I'm gonna search how to change the blog headings & links to red as well.

I'll update with my progress. For sure the answer is in the forum!!!!!

Thank you!
    on 1251506252:
    on 1251504735:

Hi Heather,

Try these:

#navcontainer #current {
    }

}

}

}

.album-title {
    }

Marten

Again! Fantastic information. You all are really wonderful. Just so much knowledge. I'm so happy this program, but it's the personal help that make it really priceless!

I've made the changes I asked about and (I think) they look really strong.

Now, that everything is red, I'm gonna search how to change the blog headings & links to red as well.

I'll update with my progress. For sure the answer is in the forum!!!!!

Thank you!

i am again updating my own posts. hope this isn't bad manners. just wanted to let y'all know that i found the answers i needed for the blog headings and the hyperlink color. really terrific forum. i know i've said it a thousand times, but i really mean it!!!!!!!!!
    heather