Ask us a question, and we'll answer it on the show!

If you like you can critique the new website I just launched for a client yesterday: http://www.bornpfeiffer.de
This has been completely done with all the latest stuff: RapidWeaver 6.3.2, Foundation 1.5.9 and beta 15 of Stacks 3. :slight_smile:
Additionally I’ve used some great stacks of Nick Cates Design for the Slideshows and the page PROJEKTE (Light Page and Superflex).

@RapidBase we talk about your site on episode 2, how you like the show :smile:

@dan I already listened to the show yesterday and like it a lot – just as the 1st one! It’s very nice listening to Ben and you talking about all this RW-related stuff.

And thanks for mentioning my hobby project rapidbase.de :slight_smile: Although you obviously had real big problems with the word “Schulungen”. Hey, it’s such a nice word! :wink: The pronounciation is just like “shoeloongen” and it indeed means training.

You can see here some of the latest client sites I’ve been working on: http://www.rapidbase.de/websites
If you like one of these (maybe the first (latest) one www.bornpfeiffer.de) you may of course also mention them in one of your forthcoming shows when there’s room for some user-site-critique…

Love the show notes that you have on the Podcast site, but wondering if you can make those links open in a new tab or new page. Was listening to Podcast #2 and started clicking on links and it stopped the podcast to open the link in the same tab.
Just would help!
Thanks

1 Like

Will chat to Ben. In the mean time, CMD + Click opens links in another tab :slight_smile:

I know that, but wasn’t expecting it to happen as I was listening and deciding to click on a link. It is an easy fix, just thought I would point it out! :wink:

Thanks for all your questions so far, I think we’ve answered all the question so far.

Anyone else got a question for us?

Hi Guys, enjoying the podcasts - keep it up, it really helps foster that community feel to Rapidweaver that’s out there !

Question: Why, when I have saved my site, then go to ‘Export Site’ does it tell me my document has unsaved changes and do I want to save? I click ‘ok’ and it exports the site, then leaves the document in an altered state (when I’ve made no changes)…

thanks,
Stephen.

Hi Steve,

Thanks, that’s great to hear :smile:

Oh, and we’ll try to answer your question on this weeks show!

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

Thanks for covering my question, just heard it today :slight_smile:

I just discovered your podcast and quickly listened to them. I look forward to many more. I have leaned a lot. While not a power user, I am a mid-level user. Your shows have taught me that I should add Foundation, and I just bought their bundle. (I also picked up Timeline and Post Office after listening to you)

I have a few questions;, but I’ll start with just one.

Is there a way to incorporate fonts that I have purchased and (licensed for web use) into RapidWeaver pages so that whatever browser people view my site on, they will always have my fonts?

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Terry

That’s great to hear!

We’ve also just recorded episode 6 (should be out tomorrow) and answered your question on the show :smile:

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like

We’ll be recoding episode 8 next week, so post your questions here to have them answered on the show…

Hi guys, here’s a question for the show: As Stacks seems such an integral part of most Rapidweaver users toolboxes, have you ever considered buying Yourhead’s technology and baking it into Rapidweaver as standard? Not sure if either party would be keen on that for whatever reason, but it’s something I’ve wondered… cheers, Stephen.

Hi!
Here is my question: What is the best way to build a multilingual site? (in my case only two languages)

Thanks for the great work,
Jean-François

I have one :stuck_out_tongue:

One Page Sites VS Multipage Sites Are one page sites good/bad for SEO? Are one page sites better, in terms of user experience? Would love discussion on that.

1 Like

A question for the Podcast: Will you integrate something to be able to work on one project from 2 Macs?
I mean iMac at the office/home; and aMacbook when away from home. One user; one computer at a time?
Thank you
Regards
Dominique Demoulin; Belgian user and fan

Hi guys, thanks for discussing my question re Stacks on the last podcast… btw, I have no “6D” in my user name… not sure where that came from :slight_smile: fact checking please guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I am in New Zealand - go the Mighty All Blacks! #RugbyWorldCup2015 - I see there have been games in/near Brighton recently, anyone form RealMac been?

Actually speaking of where I am in the world - it would be interesting to know (if you have the data and aren’t sick of my questions yet) where the user base of Rapidweaver is the biggest or has a good number of users (UK, US, Europe, other…?).

cheers,
Steve.

Hi RW. Really enjoyed the SEO show, thanks for that, but it left me with a question about sitemaps.

If I do nothing, RW6 generates a sitemap.xml file which I can submit to Google

So what’s the advantage of:

1. Adding the built-in Sitemap page
  2. Using Sitemap Plus by Loghound?

Thanks

Rob

any more questions? We’ll be recording tomorrow, so let me know asap :smile: