Ask us a question, and we'll answer it on the show!

We’ll be recoding episode 8 next week, so post your questions here to have them answered on the show…

Hi guys, here’s a question for the show: As Stacks seems such an integral part of most Rapidweaver users toolboxes, have you ever considered buying Yourhead’s technology and baking it into Rapidweaver as standard? Not sure if either party would be keen on that for whatever reason, but it’s something I’ve wondered… cheers, Stephen.

Hi!
Here is my question: What is the best way to build a multilingual site? (in my case only two languages)

Thanks for the great work,
Jean-François

I have one :stuck_out_tongue:

One Page Sites VS Multipage Sites Are one page sites good/bad for SEO? Are one page sites better, in terms of user experience? Would love discussion on that.

1 Like

A question for the Podcast: Will you integrate something to be able to work on one project from 2 Macs?
I mean iMac at the office/home; and aMacbook when away from home. One user; one computer at a time?
Thank you
Regards
Dominique Demoulin; Belgian user and fan

Hi guys, thanks for discussing my question re Stacks on the last podcast… btw, I have no “6D” in my user name… not sure where that came from :slight_smile: fact checking please guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes I am in New Zealand - go the Mighty All Blacks! #RugbyWorldCup2015 - I see there have been games in/near Brighton recently, anyone form RealMac been?

Actually speaking of where I am in the world - it would be interesting to know (if you have the data and aren’t sick of my questions yet) where the user base of Rapidweaver is the biggest or has a good number of users (UK, US, Europe, other…?).

cheers,
Steve.

Hi RW. Really enjoyed the SEO show, thanks for that, but it left me with a question about sitemaps.

If I do nothing, RW6 generates a sitemap.xml file which I can submit to Google

So what’s the advantage of:

1. Adding the built-in Sitemap page
  2. Using Sitemap Plus by Loghound?

Thanks

Rob

any more questions? We’ll be recording tomorrow, so let me know asap :smile:

Sure. Any plans to beef up the Markdown support to add, for example, tables?

And a point of interest. Why has publishing proved so problematic in RW6 for so many people for such a long time?

Hello the Counsell family,
Thank you for answering my question in Podcast number 8 (or 7 :-))
It was about the idea to work on 2 macs on the same project. So happy to hear it will most probably appear in RW7 .
You seemed to have some difficulties to pronounce french names or words :smile: eg JEAN.
Invite me to your next show and I’ll teach you some French ahahah
Dominique

Hi Dan and Ben,
Just started listening to podcasts and love them! Only up to #5 but am trying to move my RW5 projects into RW6. My Question is: I used Joe W’s responsive 2 column stack with Stacks 2.xx for a very long page in the website (a listing of all the events for the year using a 2 column responsive stack for each date). When I brought the project into RW 6, the preview mode shows each listing with the stack label as “2 columns (Stacks 2)”. I can replace all 300 of these 2 column responsive stacks with the 2 column responsive stack that is in my stacks library in RW 6 but this will be a lot of work. Is this necessary and why wouldn’t RW 6 automatically change the stack for be the one listed in RW6?

Thanks,
Mary

After seeming like I (Jack) am incapable of asking a question in the most recent episode, I felt I should demonstrate that I can, indeed, ask a question:

Did someone just copy/paste my last comments in our email thread, where we had been discussing a number of possible questions?

LOL

As always, enjoyed the podcast.

Jack

We’ll be recording episode 10 tomorrow, so if you’re got a question… you know what to do!

What is the rough timeline for RapidWeaver 7?

You commented on how to pronounce my name the last time I asked a question, and the final E is silent, so it is pronounced Zeeb.
Thanks!

You didn’t comment on how to pronounce my name but as you pronounced it like ricin in the last podcast I’ll tell you anyway. I may be a moaning old git but I’m not poisonous - it’s pronounced like Rick in Portugal or ricinport.

My question is:
If the ‘usual’ price for RapidWeaver is around 80USD how is it possible the bundle boys manage to include it at such an apparent discount? I’ve seen it recently as low as 17.99USD in a bundle of 8 including Ember?
This is neither a complaint nor a moan, merely an observation.
If I was a prospective RW buyer I would either put off purchase until I saw a bundle come up or at least be very pissed off had I just purchased only to see a bundle appear at such a low price.

Just started back up with Rapid Weaver again updated to version 6, I have listened to five of the podcasts so far. In episode #2 at 13:50 there was talk about Stacks and a friend that had confusion. Defiantly felt the confusing your friend had of confusion, in particular that you need a plug-in to run other plug-ins which was confusing to me. I need the 10 minute tutorial you gave your friend.

I am very familiar with plug-ins in software but not familiar with purchasing a plug-in to make another 3rd party plug-in function. Obviously not a coder and I don’t understand the reason that so many developers depend on another third party developer to make their plug-in work. Seems like a double whammy and higher chance of something you depend on folding because we’re depending on two small companies. How many plug-ins don’t depend on Stacks since there are 800 that do depend on it?

Going with things like DreamWeaver and MS Word because so many people use it there is bound to be someone that takes on those files and makes them work even if the company is purchased or drops a product like Macromedia being purchased by Adobe 10 years ago. Things like FrontPage being dropped by Microsoft and iWeb being dropped by Apple. Always a fear in my mind of how much time and effort do I want to invest if it is gone in 5 years. Is it possible to speak to that in a podcast if you haven’t already?

Thanks for the great show, I enjoy listening to it. I should be on a date right now but here I am being a nerd on a forum.

Great Podcast. Here is a question for you!!

Working on my website, at the top level I have a page that doesn’t appear in the site menu, so it’s kind of hidden. I can load this on-line by typing the full url with /secret-page or whatever. I do this so I can test some of my panoramic image stuff. I do this by un-checking the option to include in site menu.

Now, I’d sometimes like to have some sub-pages underneath this page, and have these appear in a menu underneath the hidden page, but I think because I’ve switched off ‘Include in site menu’ it switches off sub-menus too. I guess this may be template specific? But can you think of a workaround?

Thanks,

Keith

Thanks Keith, we’ll answer this on next weeks show. Stay tuned!