Can't publish after 6.3.5 update

Hi guys

We’re looking into publishing issues using SFTP at the moment. I don’t have any updates yet (we’re still investigating the root cause) but we’re on it!

Assuming you’ve got a backup, just revert to 6.3.4 for the moment, Ashley?

@TimLawson I have Time Machine so I guess I can check to see when 6.3.5 was released and then go back to a couple days before that for 6.3.4. The strange thing is that I have just tried uploading a single page to another domain using 6.3.5 on the same server and it worked but I can’t get anywhere with my main project.

I think it was released on 2nd November, Ashley - that’s when macupdate.com listed it anyway.

If you need a historical version of RapidWeaver: http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/releasenotes

Cheers,

—Nik

1 Like

I tried 6.3.4 and it worked first time. Unfortunately I am having a problem with IVY 2 so in the end I was forced to upload the old version of the site using Yummy. I’ll try going back to the original IVY and then uploading again via RW 6.3.4.

You’ll probably find you can take the latest version of the project, open it in 6.3.4 and upload it quite happily.

I had backed up copies of the original IVY stack so I added those back but the problem recurred with the entire accordion being open as the page loads. It wasn’t like this before and doesn’t appear that way inside RW, so once again I was forced to upload the old version of the site using Yummy. 6.3.4 seems to be OK for uploads but this problem with IVY is very strange.

I can’t publish either with this latest update. Wonder what is happening? Really puts me in a pickle because I have to get this work completed. Frustrating. I should have just left the previous version running as I had no issues with it. This is kind of like when Apple does a major software update. I usually will wait 6 months before even thinking about it as all of my DAW stuff won’t work. LoL. Hopefully they will fix it soon, I have faith but when I see the original poster is already at 10 days…I get a little worried.

edit…I re-installed 6.3.5 and it has now worked. Very strange.

Maybe this is a clue, how many people with issues installed from within RapidWeaver? Maybe getting the full download here:

might fix this issue.

Nice idea, @zeebe. Sadly, having downloaded the full version via the link you and @nikf provided, the situation remains the same for me… I just can’t publish via SFTP in 6.3.5

Can’t say I’ve had any problems with 6.3.5. I’m not saying there aren’t any, but I don’t think one or two people experiencing a problem proves that RealMac is being sloppy. There are probably rare combinations of plugins or system peculiarities which will cause unforeseeable problems. It would be interesting to know how many people are using 6.3.5 and how many of them have had publishing problems.

I was perplexed by the sudden problems with Ivy yesterday after uploading with RW and had similar problems later on with Capsule, yet it was all looking good when viewed on the localhost with MAMP. This morning I uploaded the site again using Yummy FTP and it all works perfectly now.

FTP glitches have been a regular occurrence for me with RW6 so I am going to investigate ways to sync between Yummy or some other FTP client and the server. It has to work though so that it doesn’t touch certain items on the server, such as a folder containing PDF files.

I have the same basic problem - any change to a blog causes 1400 files to be reloaded. This sadly never completes. Often it will publish 1398 files then fail - I republish and it starts again with 1400 files even though it just uploaded 1398 files (over a few hours)

Now my website is basically down as I am unable to publish it.

@paul try reverting to 6.3.4 and you should find all is well again. Here is the link to get it or use a copy from a backup prior to November 22nd.

Thanks for the suggestion Tim… actually my problem isn’t with Initialization as you and the OP have… its the one where MANY files are published even though only a small change is made to a Blog…

Hi folks

We’re looking into this and if we’re able to reproduce it, it’s something we’ll aim to fix for RW 6.3.6.

Best,

—Nik

Same issue here: can’t publish to SFTP after 6.3.5. Reverting to 6.3.4. fixed it. Perhaps you should pull the update as it’s clearly broken…

The majority of customers can still publish (and I can publish via SFTP on my Dreamhost server). We’re investigating why this is happening for other customers currently!

—Nik

I’m delighted to say that version 6.3.6 fixes this issue for me. I also want to thank Nik and the devs at RW for the tireless hard work and effort that I know went into solving this issue. Thanks guys!

2 Likes