Can't publish after 6.3.5 update

My pleasure: thanks for your patience, Tim! :smile:

—Nik

1 Like

I was still on RW 4 and upgraded to a new MacBook Pro with OS 10.11. RW 4 seemed to work OK, except I wasn’t able to add a downloadable file and create a link to the asset. It would look like it worked but the next was grayed out in the Inspector window, and in preview there was no link.

So two weeks I updated to 6.3.5. I opened the site file in RW6 and the pages of the site opened up but no content. It’s a basic site so I copy and pasted the content from the old site to the new which didn’t take long and everything seemed good, but I’ve still go the same problem. I load the file, now its a resource, I go through the motions to create the link, open in new window or not, and select the resource but the text is grayed out, so no link gets created. I upgraded to 6.3.6 last week, same problem. The text I add to the page is there when I publish the updates, but no link. Help!

When upgrading, did you follow these steps?

http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/upgrade

—N

I’ve got 4 and 6, but I didn’t go through version 5. I followed the link you sent and downloaded 5, but it’s asking for the license #, and the ones I have for 4 and 6 don’t work. I don’t wan to pay for version 5 if I’m just using it to transition to 6. Suggestions? And you think this will fix the problem of not allowing me to create a link to an uploaded file to the page?

Thanks,

Rye

I believe the license number for 6 should work in 5

All the RW 5 -> 6 migration can be done, without a license, using the Demo of RapidWeaver 5.

Best,

—Nik

FYI Rapidweaver 6 and 5 have totally different formats for licenses, Rob. They’re not interchangeable.

Thanks @LaPan, thought I read here on the forums it would work. Sorry.

6.3.6 here. Same error message but the website actually is updated.

I’ve downloaded 5 but have not gone through the update process from 4 to 5 to 6, because I’m wondering that since I copy and pasted my content from 4 to 6, do I need to go through that process?

Bottom line, for some reason I can’t seem to link to an asset or resource. I looked up via the RW online help, the steps to do it in case I was missing something. I created a resource folder. I dragged a PDF file into the resource folder. I highlight the text I want to be a link. Click on the ADD LINK button and URL menu to resource to the file I want to use. But no link is created. So frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Rye

@Rye

If you created a new website in 6 and copied/pasted stacks/text/images into the new website, you do not need to import the project into the new version of RapidWeaver. That being said, you may want to import your stacks from ver 5 to ver 6, or manually install them.

[quote=“Rye, post:90, topic:3706”]
Click on the ADD LINK button and URL menu to resource to the file I want to use. But no link is created. So frustrating. What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

Resource issues such as this, I believe, were an issue with OSX 10.9.x but have since been ok in 10.10 and 10.11, what version of OSX?

What version of Stacks?

Did you update all stacks to their most current version?

HTH
Brad

I’m not using stacks on this page where I can’t create the link. Any suggestions how to fix that problem?

@Rye

What Theme are you using?

What page type are you using?

Brad

I’m using Lockdown, and FYI all the other old links on the page copy and pasted fine and still work.

I guess you’d call it a styled text page where I can include a photo and text.

@Rye

I believe it to be a limitation in LogHound’s Lockdown page type.

I do not own the plugin but downloaded a demo version of it, installed it, created a new project, added the Lockdown page, added some text, selected some text, selected add link, switched from url to Resource and navigated to my added PDF file in Resources and although it looks like it took (no error messages), the page did not render the link not make it a link.

Perhaps there is something on his support/faq page?

I would suggest contacting the developer.

Brad

Wow, thanks so much for going through all that to help me figure this out. And I’m a bit embarrassed that I didn’t consider it a problem with that plug in. I will contact them. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

@Rye

No problem and you’re welcome. There are others on here that use LogHounds LockDown Plugin and they are having some issues as well as I recall.

Good luck
Brad

Wow you nailed it. For a quick work around I moved the content to another page which is protected by LockDown, and all links work just fine. So lame I didn’t think of that. Now I’ve got time to get my Christmas shopping down and bug the developer about the problem.

1 Like