CMS Solutions w. Foundation: Armadillo? Dropkick? Other?

I spend a couple of days to test Total CMS and I think it’s awesome. It will change the way I built websites with RW.

I don’t know how fast Wordpress CMS is, but Galleries, Slideshows and Feeds are lightning fast with Total CMS. I also work with Armadillo, that ist great too. Armadillo is simple to set up very easy to use, but it is a different kind of product. The latest 2.x version of Armadillo allows a very simple CMS that is ready to use at every Stack page. In my eyes Armadillo is first an awesome Blog Stack with a CMS option.

Total CMS is the toolbox to design and build a complex CMS Site by using Foundation, FreeStacks, Bootsnap or any other Theme. At the moment some of the Total CMS Stacks are not so complex as other Stacks from Joe Workman, but this is a brand new product that works. I’m sure the first update will fix some bugs, add some new features and maybe we will get the missing blog stack…

BTW, PageSave and Armadillo don’t like each other. I’d tried to protect a Armadillo site with PageSave, but at the moment as I added a PageSave Stack to the site, the server starts a loop reloading of the site.

1 Like

@WDA Have never used Armadillo, but does it make the page PHP? If not, PageSafe will, and if you add it to an existing page that is index.html, then that is what will happen. You need to go on your server and remove the index.html page from the server.

The page was PHP and there is no index.html at the server. I also tried to place PageSave to a extra ‘Entry’ site, with the same result.

Hmm, what version of the stack do you have?

PageSave version 1.2.5

I have seen some other users have conflicts with Armadillo and Page Safe. But no one ever seemed to care enough about it to help look into the issue. Shoot in an email if its something that you feel is important for you.

I’ve found @joeworkman’s SEO Helper very helpful.

2 Likes

Hi Joe, does this mean that you’re no longer supporting PageLime CMS?

We sill still support it but I do not think that I will be offering the stacks for sale much longer. PageLime has been in maintenance mode for years now. They don’t add anything new and I have received many complaints about their support.

Shame, we’ve had no problems with it at all. Oh well, better get saving my pennies.

If you are happy with PageLime, you are welcome to keep using it. There is nothing forcing you to change. Just wanted to make sure that is clear. :smile:

I use Armadillo with foundation, powered this site, there is still a little bug, when adding pages to the foundation Topbar, but a new version in the next days should solve this. I already contacted the creator of Armadillo.

1 Like

Interesting thread. Too bad it didn’t help me at all. I still don’t know what direction to go with a CMS solution.

1 Like

I’m struggling to see what any of the others do that Armadillo can’t, so with the price difference, that was the one I invested in. If you’re cleverer than I am and you can, then go for it.

2 Likes

The new 2.5 Version of Armadillo is amazing. The new released stacks allow to use it much more as a full CMS and not only for a Blog. Hats off for this update…

2 Likes

Is there a video anywhere that shows Armadillo in action? I played around with the demo for a while, but I had a hard time putting things in context. I watched the available video on Solo Content and it made perfect sense. I would love to see a video on the rest of the features.

@joeworkman: When can we expect to see a video with Total and Easy CMS in action. The overview video is a little vague.

1 Like

Do you have the new 2.5 Version? There are 3 new Stacks that make the use much easier then before.…

I don’t have any version just yet. I am planning on getting some sort of CMS, but most new solutions require STACKS 3 and I have not yet made that purchase. I am trying to get as much info as I can on the actual functionality and work flow of each options. A good screencast is for more useful for picking up functionality (for me). I get lost reading through instructions without a visual intro to get the ball rolling.

I am also wondering if any of these solutions take responsive design into consideration? I understand that it will simply scale as needed, but I is there a way to make content “Centre” on mobile or anything like that? My fear is if I make a website where I lock down all my options just the way I like them and I have one overall look for content on a desktop, and another look for my mobile device, but my CMS content is locked into only one layout.

Also, if a client puts an image into a page or blog post as a set size using a WYSIWYG, what happens as the screen size scales down?

I hate CMS overall because I am a control freak. I don’t want clients to ruin my hard work (even if it is their site). I work hard to make them look good, so I am looking for the CMS that will help my clients from destroying the visual esthetics of the website.

@joeworkman What’s the deal with the edit buttons with EasyCMS? Are they always displayed?