Payloom 3 Public Beta Now Available

@richardjh,

This can be changed under PayPal settings in the page inspector. I see how that can be confusing as the currency applies to more than just PayPal. I will move it to a more appropriate place in next build. Most likely the ‘Misc.’ tab.

@thang,

1. Discount codes are currently not a feature of Payloom 3.

2. You can build multiple Payloom pages and insert them into Stacks pages via the companion Payloom3 stack. The cart will persist across multiple pages as long as the domain is the same on those pages.

@robv,

All the links inside the Docs are internal. There is no reason to have an external set of docs. Which links are not working?

The admin URL will look similar to this…
http://mysite.com/shop/files/payloom.php?testform=1

This needs to be added to the Docs and the UI of the plugin. Will do that today.

Hi Mike,

Do you have an idea of pricing structure/upgrade pricing yet? Also will digital delivery have to be handled by S3 or will it be possible to host the files on your own server like rapid cart currently does?
Regards

Barrie

@yabdab Yes you are correct all links on the internal docs do not work for me. I can not right click copy link address or nothing. Hover mouse over link doesn’t work to reveal the address anywhere. Is there a way to get links to work in the help docs?

@robv
Can you tell me which links you are referring to?
Right-click is disabled by design, there is no need to use that.

@Bazza

We will announce pricing at a later date, but it is very competitive with similar products.

For digital delivery, you can use files you specify in the plugin ( published with the rest of your site files ) OR you can use remote URLs ( which can be S3 if you desire ). It’s up to you.

Thanks for the info. I’d wish I could use Payloom 3 for a project, but it requires the discount code option. So a feature request for a future release if possible?

No new features now, but will consider it on a future update.

1 Like

Seconded for discount codes! They are a great feature for marketing (as all you developers know lol).

1 Like

Hi,
I used Payloom in the past.
Beacuse of too many items , my project went very slow and large in size due to too many images.
I have given up using it .
I would like to use it again but I am wondering if it is possible to warehouse images and use links?

Thanks

Ike

Wondering what the shopping cart options are for Foundation, where only stacks, rather than plugins, can be utilized.

Are the stacks aspect of Payloom 3 an alternative to the plugin, or only an accessory?

Sorry, another question: does it comply with the EU VAT laws?

@Bazza and @thang
Your feature request is noted. :smile:

@Ike
The best solution is to always optimize your images first. Relying on RW to do this is usually not a good idea. It was not designed for this. For ease of use, Payloom only uses images added to your RW page.

@Butternut
Payloom is a “plugin” not a “stack”. Payloom 3 comes with a companion stack that imports your PL3 pages into any Stacks built page ( including ones that use Foundation or BootSnap ).

@Bazza
Can you be more specific on your question regarding EU Vat Laws? Thx.

This will affect any potential customers in Europe

I believe rapid cart Pro has this feature sorted, but I don’t know how easy/simple/hard it was for them to do it. It might be already included as standard, but if not it means that EU customers will not legally be able to use your cart for digital downloads.

Sorry to sound melodramatic. there was a thread on the old forum that went into more detail.

@Bazza
What specifically needs to be done to make this compliant?
It may be that users will need to use PayPal at first as Payloom does not generate tax based off the customer’s country.

Sorry, I’m not an expert in the laws mate. It’s just one of these annoying bureaucratic things that seem to be implemented for the sake of it. It’s a pain, but something you’ll have to look into if you’re want to offer Payloom Pro to Europe. Maybe look at what Rapidcart Pro does? They advertise as being compliant.

How can you drop a payloom3 page into a foundation stack.

I believe Payloom 3 comes with a stack that will import the page into a stacks page. That will work without issue for you.

Thanks zeebe done that, what is the syntax for the payloom 3 page is it the page name in the project or the link to your published page on the web?? thanks in advance