RapidWeaver 6.3.7 Beta

Hi folks,

We’ve been looking into some issues with the software update framework that RapidWeaver uses, where updates wouldn’t necessarily be applied, and where when reporting a crash the problem reporter would start to consume a substantial amount of memory. These are items related to some third-party components we use, and I’ve been working with DevMate (the service we use) to get these investigated!

While there will likely be some more fixes in RapidWeaver 6.3.7, I wanted to get a beta out with this new update checking system so that anyone experiencing those issues can test and report back about the changes. If you have been experiencing problem reporter issues, please let me know how you get on!

Changes in RapidWeaver 6.3.7

• RapidWeaver is now using the very latest version of the problem reporter and software update systems from DevMate.

If you’re happy with the risks associated with using pre-release software you can download the latest beta here.

Cheers,

—Nik

1 Like

:smile: Beta is my middle name.

Thanks Nik!

1 Like

Hey Nik,

I had an issue again. RW cashed but was still running.

I clicked “submit” on the error report. After that my computer got super laggy and I had to force a restart by holding down the power button.

After the restart RW opened with the error window

I then went back to the RW Full screen window and choose “Republish all files”. This is what I was about to do before the error window posed up.

Everything was publishing fine until it became unresponsive.

Activity monitor shows RW using 4.75GB of my 4GB RAM

https://infinit.io/_/M6Wm3y7

Cheers!

Brandon Corlett

Just happened again after successfully republishing all files.
https://infinit.io/_/M6Wm3y7

If this happens, please could you use the Cog menu in Activity Monitor and choose “Sample Process”.

Send the output file to us (support@realmacsoftware.com).

Cheers!

—Nik

You got it Nik! I’ll certainly do that the next time I see it happen. :slight_smile:

Hi,
after update RW 6-3-4 to RW 6-3-7, I no longer have menus when I open a post from posts list (Blog articles) after publishing.
So, revert to RW 6-3-4 and republish, problem solved (one more time).
I’ll no longer make any RW update because each time I have problems. :rage:

Are you using the Tesla theme? We’re aware of this: there was a bug in RapidWeaver whereby links would be incorrectly generated, however this has caused a conflict with the navigation menu. It’s not a quick fix, but we’re looking into it.

—N

1 Like

Yes, I use Tesla Theme. I thik this theme is not so good as it like to be and may cause some troubles with new versions of RW. It’s not the first time…

HI Nik.
Thanks for this beta version for RapidWeaver.
I was waiting for it.

1 Like