RapidWeaver as replacement for iWeb

Have just made the sugested changes and published again

. The file index.html (and it is the RW page) is stille placed in the root, and it does still not make any folder named “Kroman_Slaegt”

Hmm…

Just for the heck of it…

Please create a new page (not a sub-page of Forside), set its folder to “TESTFOLDER”, and leave the “index.html” as default.

Just throw dummy text on the page and publish, then check your structure on your server and see if that got created.

Let us know what happens.

One moment - will be back shortly

I may have also misinterpreted your particular question relative to this too…

When you stated:

My iWeb site pages are stored on the web-server in a folder named with the Webplace Name I supplied in the iWeb settings pane, but it seems that RapidWeaver will store the pages directly in the root of my web-server.

I took it one way, but, I now think you may have meant “I want to store these pages in a subdirectory off my wwwroot directory.”

If that is the case, use your FTP client to create a new folder Kroman_Slaegt, then, in your publishing settings, add that directory to your path: /wwwroot/Kroman_Slaegt/ From thereon, RW should publish every page starting at that level in your server’s directory hierarchy.

If the above is what you were originally looking for, I apologize for misunderstanding and the little bit of run-around. Although that still doesn’t answer “why” RW is not publishing that page to the folder you specified…

Wow - now it made the subfolder “Testfolder” on my server.

It also appears it wrote the same index.html file to both places…

Well - now I have mad a subdirectory on my Server named “KromanSlaegt”. I have set the Folder name in RW on my “Forside” page to /KromanSlaegt, and I have set my publishing setting to /wwwroot.

So I am publishing my site. The new folder is there all-right. but it is empty. The index file containing the first page in my project is stille placed in the root. (Have also tried with KromanSlaegt and /wwwroot/ - same result.

That’s because you have to set your publishing settings to publish to that new directory:

And, if you do that, you may remove the folder you specified in “Forside.”

This is very strange. I have now changed my publishing settings to /wwwroot/KromanSlaegt and removed any folder names in the inspector. I have two pages. The page “Forside”, and the page “Om os”, ant it publishes the page “Om os” (page 2) to the new folder and the page “Forside” to the root.

If it is not difficult to re-create “Forside,” I suggest deleting it and re-creating the page. Perhaps something is wrong with it.

I will try to do just that :slight_smile:

That helped. But I have to add the folder name to the socond site, to make it work. Hope eveything will work right from here :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help and time JCMII

Glad you are straightened out now. :smile:

Happy “Weaving!” :smiley:

Thanks JCMII, I am really working with it. Now that the publishing seems to work beautifully, I have got another problem. I have added a contact form to my site but the form makes an error in the published page. Take a look here : http://peterkroman.dk/KromanSlaegt/

What is the credentials I have not set right :slight_smile:

Hop you can help me out again :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Can your server run PHP, and is it the correct version? Is the contact form actually in the directory? Whose form are you using?

I don’t know if my server can run PHP, bur I can ask the provider (will do).
The contactform is in the directory
I am using Stacks 3.0 form

Is it FormSnap, is it JW’s Form, or is it RW’s built-in?

It is the RW built in form

OK.

Then it is either one of two things - permissions (as the error states), or a PHP version (or complete lack thereof).

Check the folder permissions to make sure they’re 755.

Also, this article may help trouble shoot, Error 403: A Comprehensive Guide to Resolution, particularly this part:

By far the most common reason for this error is that directory browsing
is forbidden for the Web site. Most Web sites want you to navigate using
the URLs in the Web pages for that site. They do not often allow you to
browse the file directory structure of the site.

Essentially, this means having links like “Salesforce Einstein 1 Platform for Application Development - Salesforce.com US” are verbotten. You have to use “Salesforce Einstein 1 Platform for Application Development - Salesforce.com US” instead.