RapidWeaver Conference & Expo

I’d be interested in attending a RapidWeaver Conference/Expo.

1 Like

[quote=“dan, post:2, topic:2852”]
I’d probably suggest it was in the US…
[/quote] and there was I getting excited…

Oh well. No hope of Brighton, or even London then?

1 Like

I could see us doing it in London or Brighton too :smile:

Just trying to gauge interest at this point…

2 Likes

Loads of interest from both sides of the Atlantic Dan, but at the end of the day it depends on the location doesn’t it?

Once a location has been decided upon then more people should show an interest.

1 Like

I would love to hear what the 3rd party developers think. That would play a key role in really making this an EXPO. @joeworkman, @blueballdesign, Nick Cates, @1LittleDesigner, YourHead, WeaverThemes, Michael David Designs, @nimblehost etc.

2 Likes

I’ll be there!
Make it far away from me. I’d love the excuse to travel. Preferably somewhere with sandy beaches and umbrella-drinks. :wink:

seriously tho…

SF, London, New York, Berlin would all be super cool – sign me up for that!. But they are super expensive – both to travel to and to host a conference in. Vegas is cheap(-er for most air-travel), but not quite as cool as visiting London or New York.

Isaiah

3 Likes

Likewise, I would love to attend such an event. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone

I think we would be smart to keep it out of a big city. @isaiah is right about pricing. Syracuse is not much of a destination, but it is very central to the North East USA and Eastern Canada. They have a lot of hotels in this area and I am sure they could accommodate the RW crowd for a good price.

Niagara Falls Canada is good for such events, and there is something to do if you make the trip. Vegas or Orlando would also be interesting, but I think it would have to me a pretty big show to make it worth investigating.

We would probably (we as the community) would probably be best teaming up with a College or University. They would have the facilities we need.

Take a look at FITC and see how they do things… they have several events each year. When I attend their smaller events, they use UofT in Toronto. FITC Website

I’m interested. I’m located in Philadelphia and would attend if it’s somewhere on the east coast, from New England to Florida.

2 Likes

I registered rapidweaverconference.com last year… I will make this happen. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am Belgian, not sure it will happen on the continent, so I’d come to England :sunny:
Dominique

Ok, Joe

We are going to hold you to it!

Get working on that website for the expo. Let me know if you need any help :wink:

Why not do it in Hawaii, make it a lot easier for me! Jokes aside I love the idea no matter where it would be held, although the US would be my preference!

I’m from the Bahamas but I’d be there in a heartbeat. Also - just something for the workshops - building rapidweaver themes and plugin using the SDK.

Justin

I’d go. Not fussed about location, impossible to figure out. I guess by everyone telling everyone where they are - then you can find the best distance from them all and drop the pin there ;-), I’m in South Florida, like deep deep deeper than the ‘the deep south’ America. That will swing the ideal location some! Seriously I’d def be want to go. And give a talk too.

I’d be interested - especially if people like Joe, Andrew, Jonathan, Will and Isaiah led seminars and/or bootcamps. Sort of like a Big Nerd Ranch gathering - but much smaller.

I’m in NYC and would be willing to help with some logistics if you guys decide on our city.

NYC is cool… but I think it would raise the price on everything. I definitely think we need to partner up with a college of some sort that would allow us access to a good lecture hall with internet access.

I say Minnesota, at the Mall of America, has one hotel in it and another one almost done, conference areas, an indoor amusement park and a huge Apple Store. Maybe they could be a sponsor!!!

1 Like

Super Idea! Germany would be cool (albeit not very good for most of you, I guess). Eascoast. Boston.
Getting all the 3rd party developers in would be a blast!