Stacks 3 -- Powerful, Fast, and with over 800 Stacks now available

I can’t say enough good things about Stacks 3. Suffice to say, it’s an incredible piece of software that you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE.

2 Likes

@robbeattie - if you own any version of Stacks then the price is half-off ($24.95). There is a link from within the app (just click the blue ribbon) – or you can go directly here: http://yourhead.com/store_upgrade/

Thanks a lot. Good deal.

after you purchase it how do you download it? it went to a blank page that says

"Oops!

You’ve found link to a missing page. Hopefully it’s just temporary. If it continues, let us know.
"

@garyp - just click on of the Download link on http://yourhead.com/download

but it sounds like there is a bad link out there somewhere – if you tell me where i’ll get that one fixed up so other people don’t have to bump into it.

it was on the redirect after you made the purchase using paypal. I ended up downloading the file and just installing it. and typed in my code that seemed to fix it though. not sure if I was supposed to be redirected to a download link.

Great update. I also got the error after purchasing and also in the Stacks 3 Reference Manual the link to the Partials video gets the same error.

http://yourhead.com/partials/

I’m trying to see what the Unpack button does before I click it.

i think i’ve fixed both of the links mentioned. let me know if anyone else notices any bad ones. thanks!

I have problem with my site that was 99% done with stack2 (everything was perfect), now that UPD to stack 3, UPD Foundation theme and Stack pack, I lost all images and Pluskit does not work anymore.

I try the new stack 3 «image» and no luck, does not work at all.

Any idea, Thank you all

@fitz - we’re working on a fix for the pluskit issues right now. hopefully in the next 24-hours.

Isaiah, I’m seeing problems with text getting cut off and running off the right edge of the screen when I view your website on my iPhone 6.

Yes… I know… it will be improving for mobile in a bit. Sadly we had to build most of the site a while ago – and Stacks wasn’t quite as ready for primetime as it is now.

That said: traffic for today is 5% on mobile. most people looking to buy desktop software aren’t doing it from their phones. :wink: but practicalities aside, it will improve – if for no other reason than next week i’ll have time to go back and rebuild some bits of it with the released version of Stacks v3.0.0! woo hoo!

Edit: omg. i’m totally off topic. i kind of hate myself right now – but this is also pretty interesting. i tweeted about an hour ago about my site traffic breakdown. https://twitter.com/isaiah/status/636730709038641153

Here’s the rough numbers for all traffic in the month of August – which has had about 20x our usual site traffic due to today’s launch and all the beta testing:

73%: Mac OS X 10.10
8%: Mac OS X 10.9
5%: Mac OS X 10.11
5%: iOS iPhone
5%: iOS iPad
4% other (mostly Windows)

:slight_smile: !

Does that mean there’s still hope for them?

1 Like

Oddly, for the first time in my life, I live in house with a Windows machine. My son’s school has distributed windows laptops. They’re not horrible – but the malware they get sure is.

Hi, I have a serial number attached to Stacks 2 Upgrade. Does it works for the upgrade in Stacks 3 ?
Thanks for your answer… :grinning:

Wow is right!

Very impressed. A revolutionary update in all things - looks, workflow, speed.

Congratulations!

Bruce, I got an email from YourHead along with an u/g serial number. Cooking on gas now :smile:

update purchased and so far impressed :smile:

just… can we, please, have back the ability to collapse/expand (hide/show) an entire group (tag, author, …) of stacks in the library?
I know you can now create custom groups but… :wink:

thanks

1 Like

I was trying to pay for the upgrade & the credit card company rejected the transaction. They thought I was being scammed by a company called “YourHead”. Took me quite a while to convince them that’s not the case here. LOL !

Purchased and installed prior to the first coffee this morning (CET). Incredible speed improvements within RW6. Only VERY minor glitches with other stacks. 10 minutes checking and uploading. Tangible speed improvements of the website. Super smooth upgrade process and super new design/layout and functionality. Sometimes, I’m lucky that I’m lacking the education to code, since it gave me the chance to find out about RW and Stacks. Thanks, @isaiah!