What would you like to see in RapidWeaver 7?

The ability to edit RapidWeaver content from anywhere!

1 Like

Monica,

Armadillo is an excellent Stacks-based Content Management System that can do that.

2 Likes

An alt name for the site logo would be good

Select multiple Pages and resources and to use them to delete, move. Select multiple folder on your system and move into the resources.

COLOR MANAGEMENT.

I wish that “Photo Album” saves the pictures and thumbnails with their original color profile (usually sRGB), non only in BEST quality but even with the lower quality settings.
Only with Quality > BEST the photos are saved with their original sRGB color profile, but not the thumbnails.

2 Likes

Perhaps the most minor request imaginable:

I’ve been using the US-based host, FutureQuest for as long as I’ve been using RapidWeaver.

If appropriate, could they be added to the list of hosts known to work with RW in the Publishing Setup dropdown, please?

Thanks!

@nikf When i just tried the drop down that Mark mentioned i get a blank page here: http://realmacsoftware.com/redirects/rw6/hosting/

maybe due to your site redesign?

thanks!

Auto save. I’ve lost many hours of work this week due to crashes.

There is auto save in RapidWeaver 6, also something called versions.

At least one other person touched on this: The ability of RW to identify files in your publishing folder (typically ‘public_html’) on your server that are NOT needed/used in your current RW set-up. Sometimes when you change folder structures orphaned .htaccess files can cause mischief, and who needs to keep stuff from long-ago abandoned themes? With this dialog to “keep/delete” it would be nice to have a check box of “always ignore” for things you keep in that folder not related to the site’s RW structure.

Maybe I should manually do this cleaning, but I’m getting to be an old dude…

2 Likes

While we’re not looking to add this, we are looking at making it easier to clear out your FTP server from within RapidWeaver :slight_smile:

Hi, in another post @Gabrielle commented on something that i thought could be implemented quite easily ? .
In a Project window, only the first 12 characters of the Filename are shown, it would be handy if the number of characters that can be seen could be extended, like we can in Finder, simply by dragging the column wider.
Of course i can now see, that if the Filename is hovered over, inside the project window, the complete filename can be seen.

Tim

Hi guys, would it be possible for Rapidweaver to know when you’ve turned off ‘Show in navigation’ that all the other pages in the site go back to being unaltered?

Every new page has the default of being in the nav which is fine, but occasionally I don’t want a page in the nav bar… but after turning it off all the other pages still think they need updating :frowning: Maybe RW could make some kind of check every time that option is toggled?

cheers,
Stephen.

@Steve_T_NZ The reason other pages are marked as changed is because RapidWeaver needs to update the navigation on those pages as well. If the page wasn’t marked as changed, the navigation on those pages would stay the same and point to that page (even if it’s disabled/deleted).

oh right - hadn’t thought of that :slight_smile: thanks for the quick reply!

Before we get to RW7, I’d like to see you fix RW6. As I wrote several updates ago, in RW6 I save my file and then Export. RW tells me the changes are not saved, do I want to save them. But I just did save them seconds prior.

As for some future version, I’d like you to consider making the side pane responsive so I can have better access to see or drag files with a 15" screen. Or make the whol RW screen responsive to “command -” and “command +” as in other programs.

1 Like
  • Override Site Logo in every page. It is possible for Title and Slogan, why we can’t change the Logo in different pages?

• Multiple selection of items in Edit. If I want to apply the same values to 100 stacks I have to select them one by one.

• Multiple selection of pages. If I want to delete many pages I have to select+delete them one by one.

3 Likes

A little late to the party, but my top picks would be:

1. Ability to have file and folder structure of site viewable and editable (drag & drop style) directly in the Pages sidebar for organizing site, related files, etc.

2. A workable method for editing content on different machines.

Cheers,

The ability to RENAME a Theme in the Theme browser, please.

1 Like

3 things for me:

Support for collaborative RW development in multiple locations / cloud

Revisit the UI for Theme Options which is hopelessly long for complex themes. Preferably allow it to collapse as it used to in RW5.

Better release procedures: a) more thoroughly tested, b) don’t tie in to latest Mac OS, c) make sure 3rd parties have good time to prepare. Sooner a late product than one that keeps me up all night as did RW6

1 Like