What would you like to see in RapidWeaver 7?

I don’t know if this is possible but I would really like to see a semi-bold option for text styling.

Semi-bold weights aren’t available for every typeface - this isn’t something we’re looking at supporting directly, but the right theme (and web fonts) would make this possible :slight_smile:

That’s pretty much what I thought. There are times when you look at a word in a particular font and think bold is too much but there is no option for semi-bold.

I’d love some more creative options for navmenus, they are mostly soo boring! How about moving navmenus, or slight animations on them, or being able to use images for each navigation button, your own individual images for each button (not all the same ones). not sure if that’s a Rapidweaver thing or an add on thing though :-).

I have build a Stack for that: http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/rapidweaver-stack-for-typed-com-blog/1425/8

2 Likes

Nearly all of the menu design and interactions are determined by the theme (with RapidWeaver just generating the HTML based on the theme’s instructions).

—N

It would be great to have the option to add SVG files to the Site Logo in RapidWeaver.

2 Likes
  1. Re-do the Blog page style - It is really showing its age in its present form I am sure that you guys have probably already thought of ways to make it more modern and better.

2. Get rid of the Movie Album page style - In more than 10 years of using RapidWeaver and dealing with thousands of customers I am having a hard time remembering more than a handful of people who even used that page style. Seems to me that the plethora of Stacks plugins that do the same thing would fill any void created

3. Provide more %macros% for theme development - :wink:

4. Allow for .svg files to be used in logo container

5. Natively create a way for theme developers to use macros, path_to, and base_url in javascript files without having to use 3rd party “work-arounds”.

These are just a few of the top of my head … I’ll be sure to post here when they come to mind.

3 Likes

Ability to restore a site from files on my FTP. The obvious solution would be for RW to create site files on my local drive in the same format as they appear on my FTP. I should be able to go to my FTP site, download my Index file, and replace it on my local drive.

The ONE thing for me is to allow the Application Support folder to be shared via iCloud or Dropbox, etc. I imagine this can not be done anymore in the App Store version because of sandboxing, but how about on the version sold on the Realmac site?

It would also be nice to have themes sorted by Responsive and non-responsive, since this sis much bigger issue these days!

Blessings,
–Mark

@Zoe_TintaNet anybody answer you? How did you do it? Can you send link of the answer if there was one? Thank you

We don’t sell RapidWeaver 6 on the Mac App Store. There’s other issues (other than sandboxing), but a relocatable Addons Folder is something we’re looking into for the future.

—Nik

1 Like

Ok got it, thanks for the info :-).

I would love to edit the menu Shortcuts keys!

Something like Office does.

Thanks.
Blessings,
–Mark

Being a convert from Sanvox I find that being unable to edit text such as choosing font, color size is a pain in the but. It seams like Sandvox did that and Rapid Weaver doesn’t. I find it a little confusing when attempting to work with sites. Is this a plug in issue I am not sure however I am using Stacks 2 and find it annoying that I have to edit in word then past back over to get the font and size and color I want.

@dan I would really like to see this very forum integrated into rapid weaver 7. Ie the technology that powers this feature of your website turned perhaps into a plug in (which I would not mind paying for)

Now the real thing for me though is I would love to see a feature/plugin stack whatever that organises databases in the background and allows visitors to rapid weaver created sites to open an account with the site and view their own specific content.

I understand that there would be issues in terms of security as well as sites ballooning out of control but, its up to the rapid weaver user then to manage all that you guys would just power the technology smile

sorry if any of this has been mentioned previously

I am very new to this
G

Ahmm, is this really the way you’re working? I could write a whole article about why this is the absolute wrong way of working with text styles and sizes. You should only work with plain text and use the correct tags to style the headers and content, either with the built-in theme options or with additional CSS or dedicated Stacks for this purpose…

considering that I have only been using rapid weaver for about 3 days and didn’t know how it works until some one told me. Not doing bad actually. However I still think you should be able to chose a wider variety of fonts compared to what I can do now. I find it boring actually that we are limited to size and fonts. I have to say that is where sandvox excels where rapid weaver fails at. However that being said, I like how rapid weaver has so much more you can do that is why I switched.

There are tons of great themes for RW, but almost all of them have their images coded into the theme such that it is very difficult to change them out. RW6 makes it a little easier by how sites are packaged, but it’s still more difficult than it should be. I’d like to see RW7 have an easy ability to swap out some or all of those images with those of our own choice. Behind the scenes, this should be simple: Copy the supplied image to the indicated filename inside the site package. For safety, you may wish to first copy the indicated filename to an “original images” folder, so you could then have an option to restore the site to theme defaults. Please elucidate if I’ve missed a way to easily do this in RW6.

1 Like

This is something we’ve been talking about in the office this afternoon. I’d expect to see some improvements here in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes