What would you like to see in RapidWeaver 7?

a copy / paste function for a plugin page.
(not duplicate in the same project)
So copy a page of one project.
And you can copy it into another project.

For example:
For the basic settings of a form loom page.
For the basic settings of a rapidcardpro page.

With two projects open, you can simply drag a plugin page from one project to another and it will and duplicated there. This works for any page type.

Killer feature… for me – I’d look at time saving features as my priority. Going from RapidWeaver 5 to RapidWeaver 6 really boosted my WorkFlow & saves me a lot of time everyday. I can’t imagine going back to RapidWeaver 5. So…

Timesaving feature #1:

#1. An option to open the same file in different windows. I’d use this feature to navigate between different pages in same RapidWeaver file – copy from one window to the next.

Today – when I work on larger projects – I clone the document tin 1 or 2 – and have 3 files open at the same time… so I can navigate through different pages at the same time. This feature – to have more that one window with the same file – has Adobe Indesign. It saves tons of times when working on large projects.

In other words – in the Windows Menu an option to choose ‘New Window’.

@dan one shortcut that I’d like to see is the ability to apply a Header tag to some selected text. Once that H tag number has been applied then it would be nice to have a visual reference as to which number H tag it is in the Edit mode. I know you can put the Header in a specific Header Stack but having something on screen to show what it is would be very useful when opening up old projects. At the moment the H tag highlight colour is always green, maybe even have a different highlight colour for each H number might be the answer?

1 Like

Better preview:
Whilst the current preview simulates the width of devices (iPhone, iPad etc) it doesn’t do the height.
What would be a real winner would be something like the Responsive Design Mode that’s in Safari 9.

Something I’d like to see is the ability, that when you clicked on a stack on a page, that the name of the stack appeared on the Library Column - at present if one clicks on a stack you then have to scroll to the top of the page to ascertain what stack it is. You then have to scroll down the page and click on the stack and then make any changes (if needed), if that makes sense?

Shall I get my coat?

Hi Mike! You may want to let @isaiah know about this request as we’re not able to make changes to Stacks itself :slight_smile:

@mike_hamilton - if you set the View Mode to be the most verbose (that’s the slider in the toolbar right in the middle) then each stack will display its name. The name of the stack also appear at the top of the info sidebar.

I realise that Isaiah, but it doesn’t half make the page a mess to look at - very disjointed. It’d be far nicer to see the stack you’ve clicked on appear on the left. Also should you need any help with the stack you’ve clicked on it’ll show up and then you click on the stack and then onto Show Online Help or Show Online Info, and thus reducing yet more scrolling up and down.

Shall I close the door very quietly as I leave? :wink:

So easy and i did’t know that

1 Like

I would like to see rapid Weaver optimize for Touch devices.

I currently use rapid Weaver on my iPhone 6+ through the Splash Top Remote desktop service.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this something that Real Mac is already considering and would love to chat more about the future of this being offered to users.

One of the best places to start with this would be some form of a companion app for iOS.

That being said, you all have made an absolutely incredible platform that is allowing developers like @joeworkman, @tav, and @isaiah to create some mind blowing software that users both love and need.

Major thanks to you @dan, @nikf, and the rest of the RealMac team for providing the foundation for an ecosystem that has changed both my career, life, and world view.

I look forward to seeing the future of RealMac unfold and aim to be there pushing the limits and setting the bar with you.

Best to you all,

Brandon

1 Like

so apparently that message has been sitting in my reply box for ages :smile:

I’d just like all of the row upon row of blank lines in the code removed please

Got an example we could take a look at? Any particular reason you’d like this tidied? :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

—Nik

I agree with ensuring the W3C compliant HTML and up-to-date best practice accessibility features. It’s so important for websites these days, and for SEO purposes, too.

The ability to upload directly to AWS EC2 hosted sites, similar to the approach used by Transmit.

I didn’t see that option within the preferences.

I’m a dork. Just double checked it and found it right in front of my face.

How about an option to upload only files that the website is using/referencing? Many times, themes contain tons of big images (default banners, etc), fonts, and scripts that aren’t even used - but they are uploaded anyways.

2 Likes

@Aaron - probably not feasible. many times references to needed files/scripts/etc are buried in obfuscated JS – sometimes things are dynamically loaded by parameters that are only defined at the time the page is actually being viewed. for that reason it might not be possible to determine which files are needed and which are not.

although, perhaps with an extension to the RW api add-on developers could explicitly specify those hard-to-find resources.

1 Like