7.4 Publishing Issues

I hate to make a report of a publishing issue because they are so linked to individual server set-ups and so for that reason are difficult to troubleshoot. And I’d rather not post on the forum, because the number of such posts will give non-Rapidweaver users the idea that it’s better to use another program. But while there is a way to report bugs directly to Apple, there’s no way to report the issues to RW and the program only directs here.

So:

No publishing issues with RW 7 until the upgrade to RW 7.4 18665b.

Now: running a credentials test shows the server credentials are valid.
Then, when publishing (slowest mode) the program tries to connect.
Two windows go by, the last one is, “checksums”.
Then I get a message saying “cannot log in to FTP” server.
The program then freezes. The only way out is a force quit.

In summary:

credentials check out during test, program then freezes at slowest speed during attempted ftp transfer.

You are running a Beta version. There is another thread about problems in publishing with this beta version."

As far as support since you are running the beta version look at the upper right corner of the RapidWeaver window and select feedback:

If you do not want to be running beta versions then go to preferences under update, and uncheck the Danger Zone box:

As for support you for publishing check out the KB article:
https://kb.realmacsoftware.com/article/1-how-to-fix-ftp-publishing-issues

You also can contact RW on their support page:

If you want to go back to the production version you can download from here:
https://kb.realmacsoftware.com/section/4-release-notes

5 Likes

I didn’t realize that RW would push beta software out the door in this fashion. Thanks for the heads-up.

On every beta release it reads thusly:

This is a beta release of RapidWeaver, do not install this unless you are comfortable with using pre-release software. Please backup all of your project before using.

Also, when reporting bugs in the beta release, please use the GREEN feedback button at the top right of the Rapidweaver.

2 Likes