Add Content Remotely

(Ben Balser) #1

I’m about to start re-vamping a web site for a boat broker (buys/sells used boats). He wants to be able to take photos of new boats that come in himself, and add them, plus text, to the “Current Inventory” page. I’m sure I’ve heard of a stack that allows this, but can’t remember what it is. Can he also remove that same content remotely?

(Michael Frankland) #2

Sounds like you’ll need a “CMS” @benb?

(Rob Beattie) #3

There are a couple ways to do this that I can think of.

1. Total CMS from Joe Workman has a Feed stack which would be a good fit for adding new images and associated text.The other benefit is that it allows the client to add new items and remove old ones. $100 per domain

2. Easy CMS (also from Joe W.) can do something a bit similar via the Toggle feature which hides/reveals stacks depending on whether it’s turned on or off. This would be a bit clunkier but still works fine. Just set up - say - 20 empty slots for new boats and then turn them on or off as required. $50.00 one off cost

There may be other ways of doing it as well.

Rob

(Jonathan Spencer) #4

Or you could just buy this php script, they are pretty easy to set up and have all the bells and whistles you would expect.

https://www.phpjabbers.com/yacht-listing-script/

I use one of their booking scripts and it works a really well.

(Rob Beattie) #5

Nice! Though the developer license is a bit pricier.

(Ben Balser) #6

I’m doing this as a favor for a friend. Trying to keep pricing low as possible. And he’s not technically savvy, so we’re also trying to keep interfaces as simple as possible. Although that Yacht Listing script looks super nice! All I’d have to do is integrate it into the main site. He already has a domain hosted somewhere (don’t know where), has had a sight for years. But it looks like it was made back in 1995 (I’m old enough to remember the first IBM personal computer, and the Peanut).

I think the Job Workman solutions are what we’re looking for, but may ask if he wants to pay for the PHP solution (which is super nice). Thanks guys!