Adding a hash-tag to a link to another page in a project

To create a link to another page in the project is straightforward using the “Set Link” dropdown, and selecting the desired project page (see screenshot).

However, I would like to add #filter=something to the end of the link.

For example, if the URL of the project page is:

www.domain.com/page-2

then I would like to ask RW to add the hash-tag to the end of the URL automatically; i.e. the link I want is:

www.domain.com/page-2/#filter=something

Now I know I could enter this as a URL directly via the Set Link dropdown. But, this has the disadvantage that if I subsequently republish the site at another domain (which will certainly happen as I publish an in-development site to a different address than the final version), then I have to manually correct every URL.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to more elegantly solve this problem!

29%20PM

Are you trying to send them to an anchor point on another page (#section2) i.e.
<div id=“section2”>Section2 of the page</div>

<a href="#section2">Jump to section 2</a>

Or, are you trying to pass HTML data? i.e.
< element data-*=" somevalue ">

also you can use relative urls… i.e. …/mypage

If you need this same kind of info for email:
eMail HTML Stuff
Here’s how you do it.
We’ll use thescreensavers@techtv.com as our example email address.

• Subject field: To automatically fill in the subject field, add the code in red to the end of your email address in the mailto link.
• Adding CC recipients: To automatically copy the message to a friend in the CC field, use the following code in red.
• Adding BCC recipients: To automatically copy the message to a friend in the blind CC field, use the following code in red.
• Adding text to the message body: You can even add a bit of your own text to the top of the reply message. To do it, add the code in red to your mailto link.

Or, are you trying to pass HTML data? i.e.
< element data-*=" somevalue ">

Yes, this is what I am trying to do. In particular, I have a stack called Filter (from Yabdab) running on a page. If I call that page, but add the hash-tag #filter=cats to the page URL, then the Filter will automatically filter only those items tagged with cats.

also you can use relative urls… i.e. …/mypage

Great, thanks. I think that’s essentially what I need. To be clear, if the page called “Talks” is page 2 in the RW Pages list, I should use the relative URL

/page-2/#filter=something

I’ve tried this and it works. Thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand—are you referring a stack here (eMail HTML Stuff)? If so, I cannot find it via Google search.

That e-mail info is if you are sending someone an email as a link.

Did you try adding a custom data attribute to the page link?
In your image above, select the page, click the + to add a data attribute, add the name and value.

I just tried that but it did not work. But using a relative URL such as

\Talks\#filter=something

works just fine. Thanks!

1 Like

I would ask @yabdab then, I’ll bet you can do it with attributes once you know what they are.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I’ve raised a support ticket with Yabdab, and will share any useful information here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.