Adding a hash-tag to a link to another page in a project

(Philip Goyal) #1

To create a link to another page in the project is straightforward using the “Set Link” dropdown, and selecting the desired project page (see screenshot).

However, I would like to add #filter=something to the end of the link.

For example, if the URL of the project page is:

www.domain.com/page-2

then I would like to ask RW to add the hash-tag to the end of the URL automatically; i.e. the link I want is:

www.domain.com/page-2/#filter=something

Now I know I could enter this as a URL directly via the Set Link dropdown. But, this has the disadvantage that if I subsequently republish the site at another domain (which will certainly happen as I publish an in-development site to a different address than the final version), then I have to manually correct every URL.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to more elegantly solve this problem!

29%20PM

(scott williams) #2

Are you trying to send them to an anchor point on another page (#section2) i.e.
<div id=“section2”>Section2 of the page</div>

<a href="#section2">Jump to section 2</a>

Or, are you trying to pass HTML data? i.e.
< element data-*=" somevalue ">

also you can use relative urls… i.e. …/mypage

(Joe Martin) #3

If you need this same kind of info for email:
eMail HTML Stuff
Here’s how you do it.
We’ll use thescreensavers@techtv.com as our example email address.

• Subject field: To automatically fill in the subject field, add the code in red to the end of your email address in the mailto link.
• Adding CC recipients: To automatically copy the message to a friend in the CC field, use the following code in red.
• Adding BCC recipients: To automatically copy the message to a friend in the blind CC field, use the following code in red.
• Adding text to the message body: You can even add a bit of your own text to the top of the reply message. To do it, add the code in red to your mailto link.

(Philip Goyal) #4

Or, are you trying to pass HTML data? i.e.
< element data-*=" somevalue ">

Yes, this is what I am trying to do. In particular, I have a stack called Filter (from Yabdab) running on a page. If I call that page, but add the hash-tag #filter=cats to the page URL, then the Filter will automatically filter only those items tagged with cats.

also you can use relative urls… i.e. …/mypage

Great, thanks. I think that’s essentially what I need. To be clear, if the page called “Talks” is page 2 in the RW Pages list, I should use the relative URL

/page-2/#filter=something

I’ve tried this and it works. Thanks again!

(Philip Goyal) #5

Sorry, I don’t understand—are you referring a stack here (eMail HTML Stuff)? If so, I cannot find it via Google search.

(Joe Martin) #6

That e-mail info is if you are sending someone an email as a link.

(scott williams) #7

Did you try adding a custom data attribute to the page link?
In your image above, select the page, click the + to add a data attribute, add the name and value.

(Philip Goyal) #8

I just tried that but it did not work. But using a relative URL such as

\Talks\#filter=something

works just fine. Thanks!

(scott williams) #9

I would ask @yabdab then, I’ll bet you can do it with attributes once you know what they are.

(Philip Goyal) #10

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I’ve raised a support ticket with Yabdab, and will share any useful information here.

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.