Armadillo Table Lines

Hi, does anyone know how to force Armadillo Solo Content to put dividing lines into a table? I don’t know if it is a theme thing but I just get the text in a table which is difficult to read.

I have the exact same question, I think. The text is laid out in a table, but I’d like to see the lines that make the table.
Thank you

What I am trying to make is a camera comparison table. I’d like the grid lines on the table to be visible. I realise making a table in a responsive web page is always going to be a challenge, but I’d like something that looks better than currently stands. Any other layout suggestions are most welcome. Thank you - Tim

At time of posting i am still adding the camera data.

Add CSS. That’s the short answer. The longer answer: there’s a ton of great great material at the following link about options for styling tables:
http://learn.shayhowe.com/html-css/organizing-data-with-tables/

and here:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_table.asp

I’m not a CSS expert at all, but those resources helped me a lot. You can also google “tables css” and a lot more pops up. Just add the relevant CSS to the relevant page in the CSS code area for the page.

You can try this:
table {
border-collapse: collapse;
}

table, th, td {
    border: 1px solid black;
}

Hi swilliam, that’s so much better already, thank you.

I wish I knew a little more about how the tables work. I would prefer the text not to be right up against the grid but it seems to insist that it is, even when I manually add a text space at the beginning or end of a line. Column widths seem to be determined by the amount of characters in a box, rather than the width of the page.
Any pointers appreciated. Thank you again swilliam, I can at least begin to add content now.
Tim

1 Like

@timtempest: You can do a ton with CSS. I’m attaching a sample for a table. You’ll immediately see how it changes spacing and other things. If you pick through it you might be able to quickly find a good look for you.

… oops, I can not upload such a file.

Let’s try this:

table {
  border-collapse: separate;
  border-spacing: 0;
  color: #4a4a4d;
  font: 14px/1.4 "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}
th,
td {
  padding: 10px 15px;
  vertical-align: middle;
}
thead {

background: blue;
  color: #fff;
  font-size: 11px;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}
th:first-child {
  border-top-left-radius: 5px;
  text-align: left;
}
th:last-child {
  border-top-right-radius: 5px;
}
tbody tr:nth-child(even) {
  background: #f0f0f2;
}
td {
  border-bottom: 1px solid #cecfd5;
  border-right: 1px solid #cecfd5;
}
td:first-child {
  border-left: 1px solid #cecfd5;
}
.book-title {
  color: #395870;
  display: block;
}
.text-offset {
  color: #7c7c80;
  font-size: 12px;
}
.item-stock,
.item-qty {
  text-align: center;
}
.item-price {
  text-align: right;
}
.item-multiple {
  display: block;
}
tfoot {
  text-align: right;
}
tfoot tr:last-child {
  background: #f0f0f2;
  color: #395870;
  font-weight: bold;
}
tfoot tr:last-child td:first-child {
  border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
}
tfoot tr:last-child td:last-child {
  border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
}

table {
border-collapse: collapse;
}

table, th, td {
    border: 1px solid gray;
}

2 Likes

As you can see from @Mathew’s post, you can do about any styling you wish.

Play with it a little.

You can get lots of info by just googling CSS table styling. Or similar.

If you have a specific question or can’t get what you want, just ask and I will try to help.

1 Like

Hello Mathew and swilliam,

Thank you both so much !

I’ve added a few bits and had a tinker for now. Yes… it could be a bit larger full screen but it looks fine on a mobile so overall pretty good so far !
I’ll get the content into all the fields next to get a better idea of what else will need doing.
Thank you

Tim

1 Like