Black Friday Theme & Stack Spectacular

40% off all themes and stacks at ThemeFlood and Stacks4Stacks.

Valid until Sunday 8th December 2019

Use the coupon code blackfriday at the checkout, if you want to apply the optional discount. Watch this quick video to see how.

Plus lots of fun and exciting new things including:

Click here here for more info.

5 Likes

In time for Cyber Monday, there are free updates out today for WebYep, BannerStack, FullScreen CommentsStack, FileTree and Gator.

It is still my intention to try and record some introductory tutorial videos for TopBox, MiniCookie, Hierarchy and VerifyStack - hopefully when I get my voice back again :face_with_thermometer:

In the meantime if you have any questions about any of these stacks, please email or message me, and I’ll try to help you.

3 Likes

Several people have written to me to ask how the flashing neon sign effect on the websites for Black Friday was created:

It was said on another forum that this was not made with RapidWeaver and was made with Hype. That’s not correct - this effect was created 100% with Stacks!

So as a bit of Friday fun, here are instructions for making your own. A project file can be downloaded from the NeonText product page if you need it.

1. You will need Shady, BoxCanvas and NeonText. The Blank theme is needed to open the sample project file.
  2. Drag and drop a Shady stack into the page. This creates the outer box shadow effect.
  3. Place a BoxCanvas stack into Shady. The role of this stack is to apply the brick-effect background, set the height of the banner, and centre its internal content.
  4. Within BoxCanvas, add the content you want shown. I use NeonText stacks for the headlines and regular HTML stacks for the smaller writing.

The first NeonText stack was setup with an animation effect of Flash, the font face was set to Neon Tubes, letter spacing 5px, line height 1.5em, padding 10px on all sides, margin 0px on all sides. Text colour is #EAA196 with a shadow colour of #FF2600. Font size is 18px on mobile and 75px on desktop.

The second NeonText stack was setup with an animation effect of Buzz, the font face was set to Neon Tubes, letter spacing 5px, line height 1.5em, padding 40px by 10px, margin 0px on all sides. Text colour is rgba(0, 249, 0, 0.8) with a shadow colour of rgba(0, 249, 0, 0.2). Font size is 18px on mobile and 55px on desktop.

To make the text links in the BoxCanvas stack white, I added this custom CSS code:

.boxCanvas a,
.boxCanvas a:visited,
.boxCanvas a:hover,
.boxCanvas a:active {
    color: white !important;	
}

Neon Text effects seem to be a popular trend this year. I designed this advertising banner back in August. It seems that quite a few other retailers have coincidentally jumped on the neon text band wagon this year too, for their discounts.

As a reminder, the ThemeFlood and Stacks4Stacks Black Friday event finishes on Sunday. Not long left now to use your 40% coupon code. It won’t get extended.

8 Likes

@willwood I already own your cookie manger stack and I am wondering which benefits (differences) come with the mini cookie stack? Could you explain briefly why you made two stacks that appear very similar at first glance?

I have the same question.