Bug with Site-wide Code

Is there a way to fix this? For weeks it’s worked fine but now the Site-wide code I entered (some custom CSS that places a background image in the sidebar and an EC area) now only works for the home page. It works if I place the code into the Custom CSS tab page by page. I have checked and double checked that the other pages are using the Master Style.

Gary,

It couldn’t be that the image is included in the CSS like this:

background-image: url("background.gif");

could it?

And that so the path to the resource is right for the home page because it’s in the same directory; but wrong for every other page because it’s not?

Hi Mark. This was my assumption too but doesn’t explain how/why it worked faultlessly for weeks. It’s all fine again now that each page has its custom css in place. Just a shame the site wide code cannot work in this instance.

You’ll get errors if the path is wrong. What happens when you Inspect Element and/or try and open the image in question in another window etc?

It really ought to work. Good luck!

If all your pages were in the same folder, that would explain things. If you’ve got a project file that we can take a look at, we’d be happy to look into this.

Thanks Nik. How shall I get the project file to you?

support@realmacsoftware.com

Cheers,

—Nik