Can't find RW6 with spotlight

I don’t know if it’s a problem of corruption in my spotlight database, but I can’t find RapidWeaver 6 app anymore.
It appears while writing but disappears immediately once I stop.
That’s the only app I can’t find.
Anyone with the same problem?

It seems that Spotlight is buggy in El Capitain, for me it takes a few seconds but it finds RW at the end…about 2 or 3 seconds. But it happens with almost every app not only RW.

I’d suggest possibly rebuilding your Spotlight index. We don’t have any control over this…

Rebuilding the index has fixed the problem.
Thank you, guys.

After a couple of weeks, the problem has just reappeared.
RapidWeaver 6 is the only app I can’t find using Spotlight.
It appears while writing but disappears a second later, replaced by other RW-related files.

Are you sure it can’t be anything wrong in RapidWeaver?
I ask this because it’s the only app experiencing the problem and happened twice.

Absolutely 100% certain. Seriously: apps don’t have any control over Spotlight… and the only way they can “suggest” information to Spotlight is via a Spotlight “importer” (which RapidWeaver doesn’t have).

It’s worth bearing in mind that Spotlight on El Capitan tends to remember your most common files that are opened with an app, and uses those metrics to sort the search results.

This is what I see using Spotlight.

¯(°_o)/¯

Seriously, there’s nothing we can do here…

Me too. interesting is, that the first milliseconds, the Rapidweaver 6 App is appearing, ant then the same URL like for Rob.

It’s 100% a OS X/Spotlight issue. Nothing to do with us :stuck_out_tongue:

Found this on OSXDaily, works for me:

1. Launch ‘Terminal’
  2. At the command prompt, type this exactly: sudo mdutil -E /
  3. You will be asked for your password, provide it, as this command requires administrator privelages to run
  4. You will receive a confirmation message saying that index will be rebuilt

mdutil is the command line interface to Spotlight… so, you may find that after resetting things the system will gravitate to the data it thinks you’ll want, instead of RapidWeaver itself.

Just add and remove your drive from Privacy panel in System Preferences > Spotlight window.
This will reindex your drive without using Terminal.
Anyway the problem above will reappear after few days.