Can't move from RW5 to RW 6

OK - The file list is so small it’s kind of hard to see the filenames with my old eyes, but with my magnifying glass I do see activewoman.rwsw in there. I haven’t done this operation for quite a while but just tried it and this worked:

1. Open activewoman.rwsw in RW 5.4.1
  2. Save the file as activewoman_For_RW6.rwsw or whatever name you’d like just so you know that it’s the file you’re going to open in RW 6.
  3. Quit RW 5
  4. Launch RW 6 and open the new activewoman_For_RW6.rwsw file
    5.You will get the following message:

1. The new RW6 file will be in the same folder right next to your activewoman_For_RW6.rwsw file and will be named activewoman_For_RW6.rw6 and that is your new RW 6 project file which you will use going forward in RW 6.
  2. Close your activewoman_For_RW6.rwsw and open the activewoman_For_RW6.rw6 in RW 6. Any changes you make in that file will be saved and you will open and use it in RW 6 going forward with that project.

If that doesn’t work i suspect you have some other issue(s) going on. If you run in to trouble perhaps try moving your file out of your Google drive shared folder and into a conventional folder and try this procedure again. I don’t know if that’s a factor as i don’t use Google Drive like that and haven’t seen mention here of anyone else placing their project file in a shared folder. That might not be an issue at all, but got me wondering…

HTH

2 Likes