Community Site Updates

Hey Guys,

I’m in the middle of working on a large-ish update to the RapidWeaver Community site, which will go live within the next couple of weeks.

So, if you want something added or improved now is the time to let me know :slight_smile:

All suggestions will be considered, but my time is limited on this update, so no guarantees!

1 Like

No changes required @ben, seems like everyone is happy. Stand down :wink:

What about an API? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

An upgrade button in a different color next to the actual buy button which indicates that customers could save some bucks. Becomes useful if existing customers decide to migrate from v1 to v2 f.e. which is a paid upgrade.

• Bundles would be nice
  • Maybe leave some addon attributes out of the approval process? If you want e.g. to change the price because of a special sale, you have to wait until the approval is done, before the addon details page is online again.
2 Likes

Thumbs up for the bundle suggestion.

Hi guys,
a way to get a link of the full ChangeLog of themes and stack. now I must open a popup.
Useful for the customer service.

2 Likes

I would like to do this, but my worry is that you’d be the only person to use it…

Interesting idea. This would require some backend work to allow you developers to specify if an addon version is a paid-for upgrade. I’ll definitely look in this and see if I can implement it.

Bundles is a possibility, but I’m not sure how many developers would actually list bundles…

Please let me know if you’d also like bundles, if enough of you do then I’ll look at adding it.

This has been discussed before, unfortunately some developers were taking advantage of the non-approval updates. However, I will take another look at this and see if we can simplify things so some updates are automatically approved.

Do you mean that you want a list of all addon versions, with their respective release notes on the page?

A question for subscribers: what do you think of the way we currently display promotions? I think the display of small promotions (randomly injected in to the listings) works well, but I’m trying to see if we could improve the large promotions — any ideas are welcome.

Thanks for the feedback, if you have anything else please let me know.

2 Likes
  • RSS feed for Activity section.
  • “Just Updated” badge in product boxes for products updated in the last 1-2 weeks.
  • Some new stats, like Ranks, Referrals, etc.
  • Fix for responsive header menu in medium-size windows (see below).
  • Redesign Likes box removing “anonymous” icons (see below).
  • Following @MultiThemes request, a more visible Release Notes section without a popup (maybe in sidebar and not lost at the end of product description) or linkable with a ?release-notes link hash.
  • Related to previous one, move Details product in product page to top or merge it with the first box.
  • Use the same menu layout for public and account sections.

2 Likes

A linkable page would be great (or a way to show the list directly in the page) , even with the latest version but of course, a full list would be better.

A vivid ChangeLog means active community!
Thanks

I’ll see what I can do.

Should be doable.

What do you mean by Ranks?

New design will fix these.

Unique icon for all users is in the works.

1 Like

Essentially you want a release notes page? Something like the RapidWeaver release notes maybe…

1 Like

Position in Most Popular listing.

sorry the delay from my part @ben , yes! it would be great

What better reason than that?

No thanks. Bundles are for our stores, not for the Community site. IMHO.

What about new screenshot PSD template that we can use? Took you guys long enough to spot my old screenshot template… :wink:

Make it easier to add video links? :stuck_out_tongue:

Will also be fixed with the new design.

1 Like

I’ll see what we can do :slight_smile:

The new site is now online https://rapidweavercommunity.com

If you notice anything not working, please let me know. Here’s a couple of noteworthy updates:

All New Design
Complete overhaul of the entire site, both public and admin pages. Admin area now looks and feels like the public site (yay!).

Display of promotions is essentially the same, however we now display 3 large promotions on each page view, rather than 2.

Developer Stats
The developer statistics page is not available at the moment (stats are still being tracked, just not displayed) — I am working on getting this page back online within the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patients :slight_smile:

Addon Short Descriptions
Short descriptions will be required when you next add or update an addon. They must also be between 140-150 characters. For existing addons: we will keep the existing behaviour and fallback to the first 150 characters of your description.

We are doing this because of the way we are now on displaying addons across the site (and for some features we have planned).

Link To Reviews
You can link to the review section of addon pages, just append #reviews to your link, e.g. https://rapidweavercommunity.com/addons/plugins/stacks#reviews

Categories now displayed on individual addon pages
The categories for each addon are now displayed in the “Addon Details” section — side note: please ensure you are selecting appropriate categories for your addons (any abuse of this will result in your addon being temporarily removed from listings until you re-select your categories — we will contact you in this case.)

Free tutorials page
Added a Free tutorials page, so we can easily link to / see which tutorials are free https://rapidweavercommunity.com/tutorials/free

Happy Weaving :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking great @ben! Liking the updated design and layout a lot and the increased sizing on the screenshots and videos is very nice. I’ll try to take some time to surf through the pages a bit and see if I run into any oddities. Thanks for your hard work on this! Really nicely done.

1 Like