Contact Page Broken Please Help

(Mark Medford) #1

I just updated my clients site - MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, RW 8.4, Stacks 4 - I’m, using the built in RW Contact page. I made no changes to that page or any of the settings but the page is not displaying. I’m getting an error message. Please see attachment. The site is https://www.patcohomes.com it should be here: https://patcohomes.com/homebuyer-tools/contact-form/

Kind of desperate here, please help.

Thank you!

(scott williams) #2

Check that your hosting php is 7.3+,

See what is in the server error log

(Mark Medford) #3

It looks to be 7.2.7, but again, nothing has changed unless its something in the last RW update. I just opened a support ticket with the host. Thank you

(Dan M) #4

What sort of updates (generally speaking) did you make? Do you happen to have a previous version of the project file (from when the site was working) via a backup that you could re-publish to see if it resolves the issue? That would perhaps pinpoint an RW issue versus a server side issue.

(Mark Medford) #5

No changes to the pages or settings just the RW and Stacks most recent updated. The server help set the php to 7.3.9 but that didn’t fix it.

(scott williams) #6

You need to see the server error log. A 500 is a server error, usually caused by php code or configuration issue. The error log will tell you what’s going on.

(Dan M) #7

What changed on the software side when publishing? Was the last working site published with RW 8 but with stacks 3? Was this “update” published with both RW 8 and stacks 4 being the new variables? Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn’t offer a reminder to first re-publish all files. And, if no success fully delete your published site and re-publish anew.

(Mark Medford) #8

Turns out that the problem was on the server side and they were able to correct it. Whew! Thank you all for your suggestions!

(scott williams) #9

500 is always the server side, or php running server side

(Mark Medford) #10

Thank you, my talent is in the designing sorely lacking when it comes to the technical stuff :-).