Continuing FTP hell (Solved w 8.1.7!)

Hi DLH.

Yes, many things, but not all at once: I refer you my post of 15 days ago (although it seems longer :woozy_face: )

I’ve seen similar, re the path, before. I can’t connect via SFTP, only FTPS (which connects, but fails after application callback), or plain FTP (which gets us blocked from our server – unsecure connections aren’t allowed).

I have tried using a different directory, but it doesn’t work. I even used different apps to create the directory (Cyberduck, Dreamweaver, and cPanel file manager), in case it was a permission issue, neither helped.

My original thought was that it was server related, as some projects on the same server worked, others not. But I’m now erring towards RapidWeaver, following convos with support. It may be unique to certain combinations of system / RW, but it seems RW may be sending a signal to pull the plug after a short period of uploading.

I’ve tried the bookmark creds on RW on a different Mac, too, but no luck. I’m going to try it on a legacy version I have here, but I don’t hold much hope.

As you have mentioned that ftp is forbidden (weird) is the hosting service using FTP Enforcer (or similar software) by any chance? This would show a correct connection but forbid you from uploading anything. If by any chance this is the case then you would have to a) Have your IP address whitelisted within the ftp interface or b) FTP Enforcer can be disabled for various lengths of time (10 minutes 20 minutes 1 hour etc). We used to have this in cPanel and it’s dead easy to forget it’s there. I can recall trying to publish regular site changes from a hotel room or friends house and being blocked because I was on a different IP.

1 Like

I had the same issue and it was based on the rights for different files on the server: I created folders with different ftp-Users. Then I needed to delete one ftp user and could not change these files/folders any longer. RW was giving me error messages but the cause were server related.

Try deleting your content from the server, delete your ftp users and create a new FTP user with a different login. Then use this one to upload…

1 Like

Hey guys,

We have a new beta out that will hopefully solve some of these FTP problems! Please give it a go and let us know how you get on.

1 Like

This has worked for me: keeping an eye on things, but still working fine. Thanks Tom: much appreciated.

2 Likes

Excellent, this is great to hear! Please let us know if you experience any further problems.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.