Crash on Preview RW 7.1.1

Just an FYI… I think I’ve found the cause of MY problem with RW Preview ending up in an endless refresh cycle. It’s probably VERY specific to my workflow/setup, but I’m sharing it here in case it relates to anyone else.

I make custom versions of RW Theme Files and usually add custom CSS into them. I like to use LESS for my CSS and so, in order to compile it into standard CSS for RW, I also use Codekit. I add the LESS files to a folder inside the theme, then configure Codekit to compile them into a single CSS file that I reference in the theme’s index.html file (as well as adding the whole folder to the theme.plist file so RW is (a) aware of it and (b) able to publish the files to the live site). It seems that with Codekit monitoring the files for changes, it causes some kind of a conflict with RW’s Preview, sending RW into an endless loop of “Generating Preview”.

My temporary workaround is to move the LESS and Codekit Config files to a folder outside of the RW theme… and just have Codekit compile the necessary CSS file into a subfolder in the theme. So far, that has stopped the endless RW Preview refreshes.

Probably not what other people are having an issue with… but it might help SOMEONE! :wink: