CSS and JS Minification

Hi folks

With the new minification stuff arriving in RW7, I wanted to let you know that there is a way for you to opt files out of being minified by RW if they’re already minified. Just ensure the filename has .min. in it, and RapidWeaver will ignore the file.

If you run into any issues with minification, please file a bug report ASAP so we can make sure it’s looked at.

Thanks!

—Nik

@nikf: Sending you a bug report now.

How is this feature coming along? I’ve had several people pop up with problems with minification during the beta that I’ve sent your way to make sure they’re reporting their findings. One I had this morning was from a user who had a minification conflict with the standard javascript.js file that comes in just about every RW theme.

Here’s what he was looking at:

I believe the user was on the most recent beta, for this one, but I am not 100% sure as I know I saw a new beta this morning.

Everyone who’s been having issues is, as of the latest beta, OK judging by my inbox :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear your inbox is filling up. I suspected you might have a lot of email on it though. Minification and the preview area going completely white are the ones I’ve been hearing about here the most. I push each of them to report the bugs to you and Dan though, so maybe I’m the cause of your inbox. LOL

Nah: it’s all good. I’ve been following up with a lot of people. Turns out that, when you send a lot of email, you get a lot of email back. WHO KNEW?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

—N

1 Like