Daniel Councell, thank you for the Hackintosh!

(Brandon Scott Corlett) #1

@dan, about a week and a half ago I received a 2012 Dell Latitude E6320. Thanks to your Hackintosh Pro escapade I decided to turn it into a Hackbook Pro.

The lack of complete and up to date guides did present a bit of a learning curve. However, with a bit of googling, patience, and numerous restores of OS X I have a Hackbook Pro with a 100% faster CPU benchmark than my 2007 MBP.

I just installed and activated RapidWeaver and am looking forward to weaving faster than before. :slight_smile:
I also am multi booting with Windows 10, Debian, Ubuntu, and Kali Linux (being used for penetration testing and to show WordPress users how easy is is to scan their site and find vulnerabilities). This lets me get a lot more out of my computer and test across an array of systems and browsers.

Oh, and lastly, I have a second HDD installed for doing a carbon backup incase things go south with the Hackintoshing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Better safe than sorry.

Again, a HUGE thank you for sharing your project which inspired me to do one of my own.

Cheers!

Brandon

P.S. Podcasting again soon? :smiley:

(Aaron Marquez) #2

Wow, congrats! I’ve been wanting to create a mackintosh myself. Now you can create a partition with Windows :wink:

(Brandon Scott Corlett) #3

Thanks @Aaron! It’s highly satisfying to get all the pieces working together right.

Lol, its funny you would mention partitioning with windows. I didn’t expect to have to learn so much about partitioning. Both Windows and Linux forced me to learn how to partition a single hard drive to each OS simultaneously. Linux was a little less intuitive.

In retrospect running things in a VM would probably been simpler. However, that has its own drawbacks. :slight_smile:

(Dan) #4

@BrandonCorlett That’s awesome to hear. It’s very addicting once you start tinkering with building PC’s, watch out!

Podcast will be back next week.

Happy Hacking/Weaving!