Ecwid clean url

Hi to all,

I have a problem with the ecwid generated URL which is not clean for Google SEO, I read few post from ecwid on how to make those URL clean but it’s quite complicated to me as I am not a webmaster, btw that is the reason why I use RapidWeaver because no codding. I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of those “dirty” URL?

I went for one-month subscription on ecwid make my first few categories, may I stop to use it cause of that and going back to RCP4?

what are your idea and solution, thanks.

I think from what I’ve seen posted you need to do this with a .htaccess file.
That’s not a “no code” answer but I think that’s what you’ll need to do to make Ecwid work the way you want.
Have you tried that approach yet?
You might want to check out this post if you haven’t yet.

1 Like

Hi Teefers,
thanks for your reply, yes I looked this topic already and try to change my .htaccess with the code that I find on this topic, but unfortunately it does not work for me after I change the .htaccess in my root folder then I get exactly the same result as before the change. here is my URL where those 'dirty" URL can be seen. i am looking for soem support here, thank for the peoples that will reply, regards.

No URL in your post. Might help if you could list what you have in the htaccess file.

1 Like

Oh sorry >> https://mclarenbits.com

and here is my htaccess file

RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80

have alos many code line in the htaccess as rewrite stuff, i am lost :slight_smile:

I’m not the person that should be answering this as I don’t even have Ecwid, but looking at the documentation you would need something like this in your htaccess file.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^shop/.*$ shop.html
    </IfModule>

Assuming that your “store” page was called “shop.html”., and you have Turned on clean URLs in your store integration code in the shop.html file. I think @ben had mentioned in the other post that he was going to do a video on this. Don’t know what the ETA is on that.

Ref:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

This is Matt from Ecwid.

David, the @teefers’ suggestion should do the trick. Please let me know if that doesn’t work for you. Also, please see this discussion on a similar case: 🛍 New RapidWeaver eCommerce Course — Free training from Realmac 🛍

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.