Email for RapidWeaver is FINALLY here

Thanks for always replying mate, I wasn’t trying to troll you in anyway, but I really think it’s important to verbalize what I think when I care about a product like RapidWeaver and your stacks which I plan to continue on using and supporting for a long time. Cheers and the best of success on this

1 Like

Hi Joe - looks great and something I’ve been looking for.

A question - I’ve purchased the stack and am trying it out but I can’t see how to link the images in a way that some email sending apps require. Many use a separate folder called ‘Images’. How can I do that from within RapidWeaver so that when I export the files they link up as they should?

Thanks

If you want to use the drag and drop image support, you will need to publish your email online first. This will get the images online. The stacks will then make sure that the published images are properly referenced when you export the email. You do need to make sure that the website address is configured in the project file.

I need to do a video on how to do all of this using drag and drop images. The video that I have done now uses warehoused images that I had already uploaded online.

I should be back on the video train tomorrow. I have a bunch of videos to do on Email. I hope that this helps!

1 Like

What I think is great about Email, is that if you make sites for clients, and those clients send out emails to big groups and use one of the ways Email uses, you can create emails with it and get a new source of income. Just another way to promote your own business, or even create a new business.

2 Likes

Yes… however, I think most all professional email systems create an html AND plain text version in the single email that goes out. Having a plain text version is important. I’m not trying to be negative and I have nothing against html only if it works out for people but the “whole picture” must be considered… A good number of people still use plain text email… why give up on them?

Its coming along nicely. I actually had a brilliant idea that now allows us to do the entire process inside RapidWeaver!!!

3 Likes

Wow, you definitely have my interest here. Personally, I have designed and coded hundreds of emailers over the last decade using Dreamweaver and HTML table layouts. Email clients are definitely behind the times compared to the technology for the web. I’ve tried many things including Mail Designer Pro but they all had serious problems especially with Outlook and gmail. Maybe MDP got that figured out.

I am hoping this is bullet-proof for all email clients. It’s never nice for a client to find out their precious email newsletter looks unprofessional for some of their audience.

Wished there was a demo of this but you have me very intrigued.

FYI - On the Weaver Space site, it looks like this addition is on the way.

1 Like

If that happens then I’ll absolutely consider the tool… that is good news.

I don’t know if this is on your info Joe, so apologies if I’ve missed it, but can email stacks be used directly with sandy meaning that you don’t need their $59 software installed on your own hosting?

I’ve gotten a bit confused when exploring Sendy as you can probably tell!

Email v1.1 update

I just shipped Email v1.1 with a completely new built-in Inliner stack! This will save you tons of time compiling your email. You no longer need to export the project and process it through HTMLiner.

1 Like

@Bazza This product is purely an email designer. It works great with Sendy. Its how I will be using it. It does not stop the need to Sendy, MailChimp or similar product.

We’ve just released a training course using Email for RapidWeaver — you can learn how to build amazing emails in RapidWeaver. More info here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brain, you nailed the main reason I purchased Joe’s stacks, I already knew RW backwards and forwards! The only thing I had to learn was Sendy, which was not difficult. I looked at Mail Designer, not will to invest the time to learn a new system. Tie is one resource I simper can not manufacture!
Blessings,
—Mark

1 Like

Help. I love email for RW… works great with mail chimp. My problem is that for one client, due to compliance issues, the emails MUST be sent from the company server as they get retained for period of 7 years - said another way - no third party email provider can be used - ever. So no mail chimp (because that would be too easy!!!) Has anyone found an easy way to successfully plug the inline HTML code from RW emails into Outlook? I’ve been searching online, found nothing. The goal is to be able to set up a mail merge in outlook so that recipients don’t need to be gang-listed… And I am now wondering if the only way to do a mail merge in outlook is using word for the source document and the variable list. Any ideas or collective insights? thanks.

If they just have to store a copy of the email on their servers then send the server an email. Just make it a recipient.

If they need the log of who was sent what action occurred, I bet mailchimp has a log available that be be retrieved and stored on the company’s server as well.

If not one of those two things, what are they wanting?

2 Likes

What you/they could do is install Sendy (https://sendy.co/) on their server, its like MailChip but self hosted. Joe has a video on it like he does for MailChimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs9NrIMs82M

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll look into Sendy… but still wish there was an easy way to plop that inlined HTML code into the mail.app or outlook, use mail merge to personalize, etc. Maybe a future release will have such capability. In the meantime I’ll look into Sendy as well as other less-automated means of accomplishing the goal.

The limitation is with the email clients (Outlook/Mail etc) not the Stacks.
Email clients use a spectacularly limited version of HTML and lack even simple things like columns (Joe worked magic there) .
Whilst you can have an HTML signature in most clients (not AppleMail though) you have to create/paste it into a special area in the app NOT into the body of the email message itself … again this is due to the limitations of the HTML that the clients support.
If you can find a client that supports multiple HTML email signatures then you could try pasting the entire emails into a sig but I’d highly recommend against this as I’d put really good money on it crashing the client and corrupting the entile email datastore.

3 Likes