FormsPlus 2 is here! Take your Contact Forms to the šŸŒ

You can make them appear the same to users but FormsPlus works on Elements. Not Options. Select Menu is an Element with a ā€œnameā€ parameter. That Element saves itself to the column with the same name. Two Elements canā€™t have the same name. More info is in the documentation:

If you have further questions about specific use-case requirements, please feel free to contact us

Greg

If you need more support on this letā€™s follow up via this link in case we need to dig further than we can here on the forum.

When you send that in, please give us the url of the form (if itā€™s published) for us to look at. And include the link to your question here, please.

Right ā€“ I think it probably isnā€™t going to work for me then. Iā€™ll send you the use-case directly.

I notice that when you move to a new page, the forum repositions itself right at the top of the viewable page. If there is a fixed element at the top of the page, like a menu perhaps, can an offset be applied to the form?

Hi, please open a support ticket and we will take a look. Weā€™ll need a link to the published form.

Thanks

Sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding. Iā€™m not raising a support issue but asking the question.

Does the new version of Formsplus have an offset setting, so it doesnā€™t always float back to the very top of the page when you move between form stages/pages?

It doesnā€™t float to the top of the page, it goes to the top of the form. Hope that clarifies the behavior. If youā€™re filling out a long form where you have to scroll, it takes you back to continue with the next step. There is no setting to control or disable this, sorry.

-Greg

What I mean is the top of the form floats to the very top of the screen, as per the attached screenshot.

So if there is something already sticking to the top of the page, like the menu, the form ends up behind it, which doesnā€™t look professional.

So I wonder if a method to offset it from the top of the page/screen has been added to V2?

2 Likes

how do i configure MySQL to manage tables? or is this an automatic option?

Itā€™s automatic. No options and nothing to configure. Just enter your mysql settings and point FormsPlus at an empty table

Greg

Sorry @barchard can you just clarify if you meant database or table being empty ā€¦

Sure, Table. Databases can have many Tables. Just need an empty Table to store the submissions.

Hi Doug

I just noticed that I received a crash log that appears to be from you. There are 2 items in the crash log:

1. failed to connect to the database (seems like credentials or permissions may be invalid)
  2. there is a field name of property guest 1 in your form? can you remove spaces and use letters only?

Thanks
Greg

Thanks @barchard - I have been having some Formsplus issues on my machine to do with conditional elements showing/not showing and sent that over to @LaPan to try and assist with info. I have turned off the database side (fix one issue at a time!) Cheers DougP

BlockquoteFormsPlus is smart. It will automatically manage the MySQL via employee time tracking software table for you. If you add a field to your form, it adds the column to the database. No need to do any database management yourself! If a field is not submitted, itā€™s empty

Thanks, itā€™s very convenient, even No options and nothing to customize.

With some great help from @willwood (thanks again Will!), FormsPlus 2.1 is now live! Please check for updates in Stacks. FormsPlus 2.1 adds some nice new features and some important bug fixes. Donā€™t have a copy yet? Grab one now!

Thanks
Greg

[2.1.0] - 2021-05-18

Added

• New Uploader styling options
  • Conditionally show and hide Static Stacks
  • Speed up Template processing with asynchronous parallel processing
  • Default ā€œNoneā€ for Preview steps when no radio buttons are selected

Fixed

• Crash reporter not working on PHP versions less than PHP8
  • ReCaptcha always returning TRUE
  • Template error messages not displaying on live site when unable to write to directory
  • Rendering issue with Preview/Confirmation steps

3 Likes

Hi, @barchard I did ask back up there about the offset from page top issue but didnā€™t get a reply. I wonder what the situation is on this?

Apologies for the delay. FormsPlus does not support this. If content covers items within the page, the amount of extra offset needed would vary based on the viewport size. You could try adding a fixed height Stack like Spacer from @willwood as the first item on each Step to compensate but this is not something I officially support.

Hope that helps

-Greg

1 Like

I canā€™t help but think you are misunderstanding what Iā€™m trying to say. If a page has a fixed menu at the top of the page, when Formsplus moves to a new page it floats back to the very top of the page, and so sits behind the menu. Things like viewports have nothing to do with anything.

For what itā€™s worth, itā€™s is entirely possible, and very easy, even I managed to do it in the end (I had help initially). It took about five mins and meant just adding one line of code plus adding the option into the settings. But I just kept forgetting to add it to new versions, then forgot how to do it! I recall sending you an edited version of the stack a long long time ago, but didnā€™t hear back from you. Maybe it never made it to you.

The spacer idea seems neat though, Iā€™ll give that a look. Although, that wonā€™t stop the page steps at the top of the page disappearing behind things like fixed menus, will it?

Without this facility pages with Formsplus and fixed menus just look amateurish, as the form always floats back to the top and partially disappears behind the menu.

EDIT: This is what I mean. This is page/step two on a form. This is what needs fixing. A simple offset added to settings can fix it.

Same page/form with the Spacer stack. Doesnā€™t fix the problem.

Hmmmā€¦ that doesnā€™t look good!