Http Validation

It is necessary to place a .txt file into a particular folder of my website (/.well-known/pki-validation/).
I need to make sure that the validation file is accessible via this link:www,my wesite.co.uk/.well-know/pki-validation number here.

could anyone please advise on how I do this please. Many thanks.

Barry

Looks like the file name you gave is to be placed in a hidden directory.
/.well-known/pki-validation/
The / at the beginning usually means the root directory, probably where you publish too. The . next makes it a hidden file. You’re going to have to use an FTP client or perhaps a tool that your host has to place this file on the server.

Other than that without more info, it’s hard to say. Since the example, you gave ends with a / i don’t know if that should be a directory or the file.

It’s the directory used to validate for installing an SSL certificate

Hi Doug, thank you for you reply. This is the full link. i hope this clarifies what I need to do better.

For HTTP-based validation, it is necessary for me to place a .txt file into a particular folder of my website (/.well-known/pki-validation/).

I need to make sure that the validation file is accessible via this link: http://rightlocksmiths.co.uk/.well-known/pki-validation/492639BB39A076B7B8A4DDC72DD3E4FC.txt

This is the _

Hi Gavin. Thats Right. How do I put this on my website, or is it something my hosting company have to do?

Thanks Barry

The easiest way - as already suggested - is to use an FTP program to connect to the server. You may need to look in the options to show hidden files. Once they’re showing, navigate to root, then ./well-known/ then pki-validation/ Once in that folder, upload the verification file and that should be it.

Try Filezila and this page: https://www.lcn.com/support/articles/how-to-show-hidden-files-in-ftp

Many thanks

If you have WHM / CPanel you can also do this via the File Manager

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.