Humorous messages

Would you guys consider suppressing, or turn into an option in preferences, the innumerous messages that show at the start of a new project, things like: You look nice today, Thanks for using RapidWeaver, Oooh, a new project, how exciting! etc. It could be just me, but I find these so unnecessary.

We’ve never ever had a request for this, and I’m surprised it bothers you as they don’t get in the way.

Having said that we’ll consider it, would you prefer something more professional?

Cheers
Dan

The page could be empty, no messages at all. Or maybe having an option to turn them on/off. I just think RW would look more professional without them. Thanks for considering.

I don’t have any problems with them. A bit of humour is always good :smiley:

4 Likes

I like the messages myself. They’re fun… and web design should be fun. :smiley:

3 Likes

Having said that we’ll consider it, would you prefer something more professional?

Why not something more functional?

I was thinking that today when I created my second new project in an hour.

I’m obviously a minority (in this thread anyway) but I find these kind of messages patronising rather than humourous, and would much prefer to simply cut to the chase and have a far more practical Add Page button alongside the current Getting Started Video Series button.

That way I wouldn’t have to cringe every time I create a new project and would be able to achieve what I actually want to achieve and add a new page perhaps a few milliseconds faster…

Even better, of course, would be a preference option to choose which kind of page I’d like to create a new project with.

But I suppose that would nullify your Video Series button?

1 Like