Kiki Pro Theme by Yuzool

So I am just a ‘one website’ person, not a developer or website builder.

I am building my website with the free KiKi Theme that came with Rapidweaver.

In the past several years I have purchase a lot of themes and stacks from RapidWeaver developers and mostly not used them.

I find some of the developers that sell this stuff quite dishonest and If I make a mistake ordering and instantly contact them they never reply. Such is the world today!

I will never buy anything from ‘One Little Designer’ and recommend others to stay away from them. The day I happened to order the wrong theme from them and contacted them immediately, they never responded. I guess they really nee the money bad. That was in the past and I trashed what I purchased from them and will never look at their products again.

Today, I have a different issue, not a complaint. I am building my website over with the Kiki Theme that came with my RapidWeaver purchase years ago. I like it and it works well for genealogy.

However, when I go to buy the Kiki Pro for $29.95 I am confronted with something called an “Oak Bundle” from Yuzool Themes for $68.00. I don’t need all of that crap since I am not in the business of building websites for money. Even tho Kiki Pro is expensive for what it can do it doesn’t seem that that developer wants to sell it anymore by itself.

Does anyone know how I can update my Kiki to Kiki Pro or am I just out of luck? Or should I just trash all of my RapidWeaver stuff on my computer and look for a different way to build and maintain my genealogy website?

D. Scott Lee
Rapidweaver User

Did you contact Michael @yuzool he’s a pretty helpful fellow.

2 Likes

Michael a couple years back took all his older themes and stacks and bundled them together (the oak bundle). I think if you contact him he would might sell you the individual theme alone.

1 Like

Thanks @teefers, @jamesbond, @Fuellemann and @swilliam for an honest and correct assessment - and what they say is all true :slight_smile:

@chicken to answer your question:

• Completely understand your situation as a hobbyist/personal site maker (RW is great for that so please do stick around and don’t switch)
  • Most (if not all) the developers are cool, real and honest people. Am sure your experience was just a missed email to spam or something. Please give @1LDskyler the benefit of the doubt.
  • As @teefers said that theme Kiki Pro was archived into a bundle. Not because I don’t want to sell it anymore by itself, but that 4 years had passed in my RW development world and I decided to give as much value as possible to customers. That bundle is a great starter kit and a lot of happy customers use it. All new items since around 2016 are sold individually
  • It’s not for sale individually usually - I had done this in the past and had users send me money via PayPal then I would email the theme. It was manual and at least twice I had issues explode on the forum of people accusing me of “stealing” as they didn’t get the download straight away (as above, email went to spam or similar) so I’m afraid to do this again…

Apologies, but also allow me to make a quick point here from the side of the developer that align with my fears and slight sadness about this forum in recent times:

(I don’t know the order you sent them in but it’s 07:36am Monday 22nd April here in Japan and I woke up and have seen these three different messages).

These are all the same message but worded differently:

Message 1) This thread as above which says:

However, when I go to buy the Kiki Pro for $29.95 I am confronted with something called an “Oak Bundle” from Yuzool Themes for $68.00. I don’t need all of that crap since I am not in the business of building websites for money. Even tho Kiki Pro is expensive for what it can do it doesn’t seem that that developer wants to sell it anymore by itself.

• I don’t think it’s crap at all - over 2 years of blood, sweat and tears went into those addons. And I still support and update them to this day
  • If you really think it’s expensive for $30 - then why do you want to buy it? What are you hoping it will do? Are you hoping it will improve your site?

You already said:

“I am building my website over with the Kiki Theme that came with my RapidWeaver purchase years ago. I like it and it works well for genealogy.”

So it must be worth $30 to give you the sub navigation, extra content areas and other things you might need? Must save you some time or money to do it yourself?

Message 2) A post to the Disqus thread on my support site is much nicer:

So, it seems that one cannot purchase the Kiki Pro theme by itself? I am using Kiki Theme and would like to buy Kiki Pro but I can only find it bundle with a lot of other stuff which I don’t need. I only have one website.

That’s a much nicer way to put it: “stuff” :slight_smile:

Sure I can sell it to this person individually…

Message 3) In a private message to me on this forum:

I noticed that there is a Kiki Pro available that looks like I might be able to have a larger header banner than what Kiki has. If so I wanted to purchase it for $29.95 but it looks like I have to buy a whole lot of other stuff that I don’t need in order to have it.

• No sign of “crap” here
  • Oh you don’t need it, sure that’s ok. I understand. You are only making a site for yourself and not lots of sites nor sites for others.

Please let me know for I have tried to purchase it on your website but am always confronted with some kind of special “Oak Bundle” for $68.

• Absolutely!

My point is we are human too, have feelings and want to also sell to people who we can work with, support and empower them to make great sites and projects.

Being suspicious of someone before the relationship starts is never a good sign.

If you are sending me messages 2 and 3 then absolutely sure I can do that for you and send you a link to buy it separately.

If you are sending as publicly in the forum as in 1 then I’m afraid I’ll have to say “thanks for your interest but Kiki Pro is not for you. Good luck in the projects”.

Peace out :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Well I never !! Isn’t that a bit like giving your local butcher a really good kicking’ and then asking for a special deal on 2lbs of sausages !

1 Like

@chicken Scott, I feel Must defend 1LD as they make some exceptionally good stacks and I have most of them. Can I suggest that in future you state the reason why ‘they’ in particular are at fault. It seems that you made the error in your purchase (or did you just change your mind and hope for an echange). Bear in mind there is no way you can actually ‘give back’ a theme in exchange for another. If it seems you want to use RW for geneology the you need more than just a theme, and to my knowlegde there are no themes or toolsets to do this job. I created my own geneology on using one the sotware packages dedicated to family trees, which I then put online and had a link page for this purpose in RW.

There are 800 plus addonns for RW and most (almost all) are good for a specific item of design - I suggest you explore the online examples before purchasing and then complaining. Finally - I can’t think of a single deveoper I would personally NOT reccommend.

2 Likes