đź—ş NEW OpenStreetMap Stack

Currently, only the color scheme is supported which is given by the pubic open street map server.

I am planning to integrate more map schemes in future. But that needs further (and possible difficult) configuration steps for the end user, as there are a lot of schemes available.

But please let me know which schemes you wan to have added, and I will have a look what can be done. Feedback appreciated.

Hi, i dont have any specific color theme at the moment, im just finding out about Open Street. But perhaps some softer color tones, i came across this on the open street forum regarding changing the palatte Design Custom Maps with Mapbox Studio
Have to look into it bit more.

Mapbox is great, but it is needing an API key :wink:

Is there a way to disable zooming when one scrolls down the page. Often a user can accidentally end up zooming in/out of a map unintentionally when scrolling down a page. Some of the Google Map products allow one to only allow zooming using the +/- buttons (i.e. they can disable zooming via scrolling). Possible with Open Streets?

2 Likes

Oh…the dreaded API :slightly_frowning_face:. Guess I’ll wait til you can add this option to your stack

Will check. I also sometimes find this annoying.

At last!
Jannis recognized the gap and enabled the integration of OpenStreetMap via a stack. No more struggling with Google API Key. Up till now I integrated OpenStreetMaps using iFrame. Now it is much more easier and flexible.
Thank you Jannis, you made my work easier! Full recommendation!

1 Like

That looks good. Better than Google.

2 Likes

The map doesn’t look very crisp on my iPhone is there a reason for that?

Again, thanks for the feedback. Version 1.0.2 allows you to disable touch device gesture (default disabled).

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for this. Version 1.0.3 contains retina support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Jannis i’ve just purchased and added the map to my footer, as i scroll down to it it starts zooming also can we have the option to turn off zoom on scroll for all please?

1 Like

Hi Justin,

Yeah, I see. I will add this in the next update as option for all screen sizes also. Thx for the feedback!

Cheers!

2 Likes

You are a gent thank you.

1 Like

Version 1.1.0 now contains:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great update. Liking the selection of map colour schemes. This is easily the best Map stack available and it needs no additional API Key to setup. Just add the stack and it woks!

3 Likes

Wow, I love the improvements and additions! Many thanks.

What “extras” will Mapbox provide? I visited their website but it’s still not clear to me what additional functionality it will provide for this stack.

1 Like

In Mapbox, you are able to design your own map.
Different layers, appearance, vector shades, etc.

This map you are then easily able to add to this Stack and display it. Definitely nothing for the average user, but sometimes needed for the pro ones :wink:

Got it! Thanks.

I noticed when I go to OpenStreetMap that they offer a “layers” option. And with that option you get different views that focus on key “elements” including: cycling, transport, and humanitarian. I’d love love love to take advantage of one of these layers when doing a map. Is this possible? (I don’t think it’s already part of your stack, but is this remotely doable to add in the future?)

Yes, I have seen that it is possible to overlay a base map with additional layers. If you have detailed base map and layer requirements, let me know.
This is definitely not implemented by today but should not be difficult on technical side.