Marketplace Developer Update - Currency and video support!

Hey Developers,

We’ve just released another update to the Addon Marketplace, this one includes support for specifying a different currency (hat-tip to @MultiThemes for the request). We’ve also added support for including a YouTube video for each of your addons.

I’ve just published a video that walks through these changes, check it out below:

All feedback is appreciated and let me know if there’s anything else you think would make the Marketplace better!

Previous updates (on YouTube):

CC’ing @MultiThemes, @Elixir, @barchard, @barz-stacks, @Bill, @defligra, @habitualshaker, @LaPan, @RicardoR, @Massimo, @yabdab, @instacks, @Lucas, @Marten_Claridge, @tav, @nimblehost, @willwood, and any other devs I’ve missed :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you!

You’re welcome, let us know if there’s anything else you need :smiling_face:

Adding new Add-On has issues?

It also gives me ‘Server Error’ and I cannot add a new addon.

@yabdab @Massimo

Thanks for reporting this.

We’ll take a look and get anything needed fixed up. Please note since it’s the Easter holiday, we might not be able to get to this right away, but we’ll take a look as soon as we can.

Thanks again for letting us know.

I have just published a new add-on on my store but cannot put it on the official marketplace… When they say ‘timing is everything’ :flushed: :grin:

In the meantime, you can post any addon releases/updates in the Third-Party Announcements forum here. :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be nice if we could use any kind of url for the video link.

Thanks,

Bill
Stack-Its

Is there a particular service you had in mind?

No particular service - it shouldn’t matter - it’s easy to place the url into a src attribute to get basic video.

@yabdab @Massimo thanks for the heads-up. This should be fixed for you now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I think for reliability we’re going to stick with YouTube for now (but will keep your request in mind).

Thanks @joby

1 Like

@Massimo that’s a nice use of the video feature on your latest addon listing :raised_hands:

https://marketplace.realmacsoftware.com/projects/instafilter

1 Like