Need a Stripe Cart

@webdeer Got it. Very nice.

Thanks. I already have and use Poster, I just don’t understand yet how it works with the Cart. I’m out of town and will have to take a look at it when I get back.

Soon (1.8) inbuilt into Poster Light Item directly :wink:

2 Likes

Just create for each product a Poster Item. In details page e.g., you place @yuzool’s cart stacks. Adding something to the cart will add it globally to the new nice shopping basket functionality of cart 2. The checkbook button could be placed somewhere outside of Poster Stack.

4 Likes

Jannis: Nice! Looking forward to 1.8.

A very quick implementation, just had 10 minutes time, will work on that later… http://posterdemo.instacks.com/cart2/
Ladies and mens polo shirts got some variable cart items.

Cart2 looks great to me :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

That looks like a great way to have a simple store (esp given the recent discussion about the RCP plugin).

I see Project14 in Webdeer’s future! haha

5 Likes

Good suggestion actually.

4 Likes

I’d go for that, for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Guys thanks for all the feedback!

Been hard at work making Cart 2 even more awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks to all the emails. Off the top of my had comments here from @LSPhoto, @webdeer, Luke and @bruce in particular really helped.

Emails just gone out with 2.1 updates. Here’s the low down. Might want to grab a :coffee: - it’s a long one:

Cart 2.1

NEW

• Fixed quantity products - can set limit to 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever (if you’re selling Buzz Lightyear toys this Christmas)
  • Agree to terms and conditions before checkout to complete and proceed to buy
  • Change colours of Cart pop up! Title, background etc
  • Hide decimals in Cart pop up totals so for example, $5,500 instead of $5,500.00 → good for expensive items if you’re lucky enough to sell any!
  • Custom Stripe Checkout Button! We don’t recommend it as it’s on brand, but you never know, you might want to style it so options for radius, colour, font size and padding. Don’t go overboard!
  • Custom PayPal Checkout Button! As with Stripe button, we also don’t recommend it as it’s on brand, but you never know, you might want to style it so options for radius, colour, font size and padding. And again, don’t go overboard!
  • Swap the PayPal image for a bigger or smaller one. See here for more from the horse’s mouth: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/logos-buttons
  • Option for alignment of checkout buttons if they go to two lines and want to hide the “or” just omit it and these sit nicely
  • In Stock / Limited Stock Toggle added so quickly go from Out of Stock to In Stock. This also helps to encourage sales and quickly alter stock availability
  • With PayPal only selected it’s possible to go direct to PayPal in a new window when checking out! This was requested. Stripe opens in the same window (for a nice User experience) except for tablet and mobile where it opens automatically in a new window - they handle that direction!
  • Drop down styles! Drop downs were originally styled by the theme but now have overrides built in for font, colour, size, border and so on. Blend it with your buttons for an authentic look.

FIX

• Quantity box looks better with Foundation theme

EXAMPLES:

HORRIBLE COLOUR ALERT!! :scream:
(but you get the idea)

Not agreeing to Terms:

Limited Quantity:

Wahooo~~!!!
:tada:

Happy Selling in RapidWeaver with PayPal and Stripe guys!

4 Likes

PS - Oh and if anyone who was looking to sell digital files (books, music etc) I have a little thing going on so DM for info and I’ll send you the Stack :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great update to a very versatile shopping solution.

1 Like

Thanks @webdeer - and have another list starting for another round. First will need a kip to recuperate :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

More updates on this one… introducing Cart 2.2!

Thanks again for all the feedback. This round a lot of it came from great feedback from @robbeattie & @webdeer

• NEW: Add Out Of Stock Messages to Item variables also. So for example, Black Hat is out of Stock but not the red or blue? No problem. Add a custom message and republish. Arrange the order or items and keep selling those which are still good to go!
  • NEW: Titles can be switched on/off and automatically appear above the item if needed (saves typing it twice with a Text Stack)
  • NEW: Amounts can be included in Buttons with currency code for ease of use automatically. Or just write it manually (it’s not currency symbols but it’s a start and a help. If you want, you can overwrite this and add $ currency symbols manually as it’s set per item)
  • NEW: Cart Button now has the option to be a Cart icon! Great for mobile and small screens and super fast as browser powered (not Font repository)
  • NEW: Border colours for Cart pop-up can be set
  • FIX: Better mobile alignment of checkout buttons
  • FIX: Changed default colours to Black so clearer what it text in the Cart! :man_facepalming:
  • FIX: Button text in Stripe buttons now taking correct text

Some shots in action:

Out of Stock per variable item:

Convenient Item titles if required:

cart-titles

Amounts added into buttons if required:

Better mobile buttons:

Cart only icon (large and random place but you get the idea!):

Wahooo~~!!!
:tada:

Happy Selling in RapidWeaver with PayPal and Stripe guys!

3 Likes

This is now a really good workable solution for many small business web shops and turns RW into an easy to setup and use solution that can deal with items going in and out of stock with just a re-publish.

What’s great about Michael’s approach to delivering stacks is his willingness to listen and act on user feedback.

2 Likes

Where is the show the .00 in the cart setting? I’m getting $15 rather than $14.99. This is broken on my site and I can’t figure out why. It works on a simple test site I created.

Broken here:
http://thriftycabinets.com/plans/furniture_plans/dresser_plans/

Works here:
http://www.kieffer.us/test/

I have it set to $14.99
43 AM

Hold the presses! I think I have found the problem. Yep. Now I see the "Show Total Decimals in the Cart Base General Settings.

1 Like

Thanks @bruce and glad you found it out :slight_smile:

Hi @yuzool

Is there no variable pricing option in Cart 2? I want to offer a differing price depending on number of people (in cart 1 I could have a variable drop down).

Thanks Nigel

1 Like

“Variable” is included in the Cart 2 stacks. Take a look at it. I’m not sure it will work the way you want it to, but if it does please let the rest of us know how you used it.
58 PM

1 Like