New Beta: RapidWeaver 7.4.1 (18682b)

Thanks Greg, but it seems to be OK now,.

Hi Claude if you’re still having issues, please open a support ticket with your IP from whatsmyip.org as well as your publishing settings.

Thanks
Greg

I still am unable to publish using the new beta. Rolling back to 7.3.3 throws up the sam error even though it used to work flawlessly! My host is Easyspace.

Hi @ChrisL,

Can you try re-entering your password with the latest beta, and using the “Browse” button next to the “Path” field to see if you can log in.

You might also want to try deleting this publishing destination and re-adding it.

Let me know how you get in.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan

Thanks for getting back to me. I have done that and can log in, but publishing still fails after a few files - 258 of over 3000 this time.

Interestingly since installing 7.4 the other day, my iMac was suddenly slower and takes 10 minutes to restart. Installing 7.4 was the only change made and it was working fine before then. Does the installation change any system files? Restarting in safe mode then normal mode speeds everything up again, but then the same thing happened with the new beta too.

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

I just open the ticket, thank you for your help on this (weird) case!

Fitz

@Tom, @Greg

2 new thing about the «Publish problem», after many tests, I notice I can’t export anymore and when I preview the first time (each time I try) it work but the second time it fail.

https://we.tl/mHPe21eZZB

I really do not think the problem is on Chillidog side…

Hope it help,
Fitz

@Realmac

Greg from Chillidog told me that the problem is not on is side and he agree with me that the problem comme from the RW application, since I can’t even preview or export.

So what is the next step to fix the problem!
Thank you,
Fitz

I’m having the same problem with 7.4 and 7.4.1beta. My hosting provider is Dreamhost, and I’m on their “Happy Hosting” plan, i.e. shared hosting.

It appears that some files are uploaded before this failure happens. Once it happens, I cannot close the publishing window and have to force quit Rapidweaver.

Also, I can browse using the browse button in publishing settings. I spent some time w/ Dreamhost support, and they found nothing wrong. I was subsequently able to upload all files using a dedicated ftp client, (Yummy FTP.)

• Bill Elston

Can you send me your project file along with your FTP account details to: dan@realmacsoftware.com that way I can see if I can re-create the problem here.

You might also want to try re-picking the browser you’re using to preview with, this can be done in the preferences window. It might be worth toggling the option on and off also.

Thanks,
Dan

Downgrading to 7.3.3, I was able to upload my website.

Just my 2 ha’pence worth: Been using for a few days now, update publishing to around 10 different sites and has worked 100% perfectly for me. I have reseller shared hosting with Clook (UK) and in-motion (US)

Hi Dan,

Try to re-picking the browser and it does not work either.

I just send you an email with all the information that you ask and more, don’t hesitate to contact me if you need something else.

Thank you!
Fitz

What happens when you change Mode to “Extended Passive (Default)”?

Ok so I’ve had the publishing problem for a week now and haven’t really got anywhere with Rapidweaver support. The problems are:

1. Publishing fails after a few files have been published. The error is operation was aborted by an application call back. I did have to force quit, but RW support sent a link to a newer beta and I can now cancel when it gets the error without having to force quit.
  2. I have changed every possible publishing setting with no success. I can browse the site from the settings window.
  3. Downgrading to the last working RW version doesn’t work either.
  4. My host is Easyspace and the problem is not at their end.
  5. Publishing page by page did work but now also fails.

Could someone at RW please sort this out! @dan

Hi Chris!

I have about the same problem as you an I in touche with Dan since 2 days. I send them a lot of screenshot to help them.
He told me another version will come out pretty soon, beginning of the week.

Fitz

Hi Fitz

Thanks for the info. Brian at RW has replied a few times and sent the beta link a couple of times, but nothing has helped.

Fingers crossed for next week then.

Chris.

Hi everyone!

Nothing new under the sun about our publishing problem!
Fitz

There’s another thread here that Simon (one of our team) is on

I’m going to close this one now.

1 Like