New Bevel stack

OK, I’ve added it to the enhancements list, it is quite a lot trickier than you may imagine though in order to cope with the various inside, outside, up and down bevels automatically.

1 Like

Thank you for answer!

1 Like

Andrew, add a gradient instead of one color is impossible? It would be nice.

Gradients are certainly possible yes, lots of people have requested it and it will be in the next update.

1 Like

@Wondrous and everyone

Bevel 1.0.1 is now available on the stacks updater and supports gradients as requested. If you watch the video you will see that you can also use stopped color gradients to make the border effect that was asked about too.

Release notes and how to video:
https://www.bigwhiteduck.com/stack-updates/?permalink=bevel-101

4 Likes

Thanks for gradient! But it’s not working at Firefox, in Safari and Chrome works, in Firefox is not.

Looks like there is a bug in Firefox when using a CSS calc() for the angle. They resolved the same bug for color stops but it seems not for the angle.

At the moment it falls back to the base color set in the stack which I think is the best option. I could make it fall back to a gradient of angle 0 but that means that the gradient would always follow the bevel angle for Firefox. I think this could potentially be a worse case than a solid color if you are trying to match the color of the flat side of the bevel to an adjacent stack.